And which one will run first?

And which one will run first?

Postby southy » May 18th, 2019, 10:05 am

Had to do a sit back and ask .."gee I wonder which one of these three lovely ladies will be the first to run for either MLA or MP in future elections.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#256563

All three seem to be very photogenic the past while and that can only mean one thing. Although it seems Sentes and Kozakevich have become sisters … remember the RDOS issue with Sentes not being appointed to represent the city? Toni seems to run her own ship. It will be interesting. However, I for one believe we may see one, two or perhaps all three of this sisterhood taking a run at either provincial or federal politics. Also seems to me that Kozakevich is really kinda buddy buddy with the astute Mr. Ashton. Hummm. Just saying. Sentes meanwhile holds the senior position on council and I'm not talking age. It would seem she has run the course of council and is perhaps looking to make the leap to the big leagues. I could take a guess at which party might be her choice but could be wrong. So will leave it and let this play out in the days and weeks and months to come.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 989 posts

Re: And which one will run first?

Postby 0gopogo » Jun 14th, 2019, 11:06 pm

Ugh. Sentes needs to retire. :up:
0gopogo
Fledgling

Liked in: 86 posts

Postby twobits » Jun 15th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Sentes won't run for any higher office. She is too old and barely made it to a council seat. Boot could replace Cannings one day. Kov could go Lib or Con.
And really.....why look at Civic leaders moving onto Provincial or Federal politics as a negative? I view it as a positive in that we have put them through local kindergarten. I would much prefer that local experience over someone parachuted in as a Party list member and a patronage debt repayment.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby XT225 » Jun 15th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Seems to me that we pretty much did that with one of past local politicians; most wanted the person (not gonna name them) outta Dodge so bad that we all voted them into the Provincial position and it worked. Now, they are happily sitting on the fence, earning a fat pension; if they can just complete a couple terms. Now, before anyone criticizes me for my opinion, I did not name the person in question.
XT225
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 704 posts

Postby southy » Jun 15th, 2019, 7:55 pm

And what exactly does this guy do to earn those big bucks? He sure likes those photo ops. Learned well at city hall. Kov will be a Liberal candidate .. I just see her providing or receiving too many photo ops with ... Well you know who.,
Last edited by southy on Jun 15th, 2019, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XT225 likes this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 989 posts

Postby XT225 » Jun 15th, 2019, 8:10 pm

southy wrote:And what exactly does this guy do to earn those big bucks? He sure likes those photo ops. Learned well at city hall. Kon will be a Liberal candidate .. I just see her providing or receiving too many photo ops with ... Well you know who.

What do they do to earn those big bucks? Well, this one is sitting on/holding up the fence nicely and hardly saying a word; not even about the opposition. Be a nice person; don't ruffle anyone's feathers and you will get the golden handshake/pension after only a couple of terms.
XT225
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby twobits » Jun 15th, 2019, 8:23 pm

XT225 wrote:Seems to me that we pretty much did that with one of past local politicians; most wanted the person (not gonna name them) outta Dodge so bad that we all voted them into the Provincial position and it worked. Now, they are happily sitting on the fence, earning a fat pension; if they can just complete a couple terms. Now, before anyone criticizes me for my opinion, I did not name the person in question.

Sorry but that just does not make sense. Quit with the peek a boo high school games. You said, "we pretty much did that with one of the past local politicians". You then add, "we all wanted them outta dodge so bad that we all voted this person into Provincial politics ".....just to get them out of City politics. You are very presumptuous in who "we voted for" includes. And then they become the member that represents us at the next level higher of the representation of government that includes yourself?
Is that seriously your voting strategy XT or do you want to re evaluate your comment?
And as I recall, you were also very happy to dispatch the replacement for the non named replacement for your non named target at the last election.
And to Southy....you are also better than this cheap level of ditch politics.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby XT225 » Jun 15th, 2019, 8:57 pm

twobits wrote:
XT225 wrote:Seems to me that we pretty much did that with one of past local politicians; most wanted the person (not gonna name them) outta Dodge so bad that we all voted them into the Provincial position and it worked. Now, they are happily sitting on the fence, earning a fat pension; if they can just complete a couple terms. Now, before anyone criticizes me for my opinion, I did not name the person in question.

Sorry but that just does not make sense. Quit with the peek a boo high school games. You said, "we pretty much did that with one of the past local politicians". You then add, "we all wanted them outta dodge so bad that we all voted this person into Provincial politics ".....just to get them out of City politics. You are very presumptuous in who "we voted for" includes. And then they become the member that represents us at the next level higher of the representation of government that includes yourself?
Is that seriously your voting strategy XT or do you want to re evaluate your comment?
And as I recall, you were also very happy to dispatch the replacement for the non named replacement for your non named target at the last election.
And to Southy....you are also better than this cheap level of ditch politics.

Hey, it worked, didn't it? Got you outta the woodwork, nicely. Seriously though, there were a lot of folks who felt that way; wanted that person outta local politics and off to Victoria, so they voted for them. The alternative (having them stay in local politics) was a much worse alternative to many folk, including myself. So, we pinched the nose and voted FOR them. Yep, believe it or not! :biggrin:
XT225
Grand Pooh-bah

Return to South Okanagan