Armed Robbery at ... PIZZA JOINT !!

Armed Robbery at ... PIZZA JOINT !!

Postby Mike Br. » Jun 18th, 2019, 8:08 am

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#259001

Who in clear mind chooses a pizza joint to do armed robbery? Were they hungry? Wrong door? These bizzare, drugs infused incidents, only go to tell how serious the problem with street people (aka "homeless") is becoming. And, all our politicians can come up with in response is more "supportive housing" (read - drug parlors) on taxpayes dime.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!

seewood likes this post.
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Re: Armed Robbery at ... PIZZA JOINT !!

Postby pentona » Jun 18th, 2019, 8:19 am

Mike Br. wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-259001-21-.htm#259001

Who in clear mind chooses a pizza joint to do armed robbery? Were they hungry? Wrong door? These bizzare, drugs infused incidents, only go to tell how serious the problem with street people (aka "homeless") is becoming. And, all our politicians can come up with in response is more "supportive housing" (read - drug parlors) on taxpayes dime.

Why would this article not include the location of said Pizza joint? Also, why are we just hearing about this now....it happened last thursday; its now the following tuesday.
pentona
Übergod

Liked in: 621 posts

Postby Country plough boy » Jun 18th, 2019, 10:12 am

Pizza joint could be a decent target. Depends how many people pay cash. I would think my local Dominos on half price Monday would have thousands in cash. They are that busy.

As for homeless. I would doubt a homeless junkie is doing armed robberies. These crimes are in my experience committed by career criminals. The homeless junkie is more an opportunist. Not a strategic thinker .
Country plough boy
Übergod

Liked in: 891 posts

Postby Mike Br. » Jun 18th, 2019, 11:42 am

Country plough boy wrote:Pizza joint could be a decent target. Depends how many people pay cash. I would think my local Dominos on half price Monday would have thousands in cash. They are that busy.

They scored less than $100. People rarely pay cash there.
As for homeless. I would doubt a homeless junkie is doing armed robberies. These crimes are in my experience committed by career criminals. The homeless junkie is more an opportunist. Not a strategic thinker .

This is a "picture-perfect" opportunistic, amateurish, or just plain stupid act. Look at the "weapons" they chose. It just reeks of junkie desperados, wannabe robbers. Just for another fix, whatever it takes. Zero thinking.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!

2 people like this post.
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby sundancer1bc » Jun 18th, 2019, 9:29 pm

100 bucks is more than they would get from the last 4 bikes they stole.

Yeah, let's play some video games , then dress up like them and go rob something
sundancer1bc

Liked in: 1 post

Postby sundancer1bc » Jun 18th, 2019, 9:30 pm

And if we get caught... Well duh
sundancer1bc

Liked in: 1 post

Postby GordonH » Jun 19th, 2019, 1:01 am

Vast majority of customers today use debit cards or CC, only place that has maybe reasonable sums of cash are banks. Of course they also have cameras everywhere.

Actually I don't know which banks still give cash drawers to their tellers.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9011 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Return to South Okanagan