Fire Bug PIB

Fire Bug PIB

Postby JagXKR » Jun 19th, 2019, 2:17 am

Another fire on PIB land tonight. 2am and the land just north of the Green Mountain Rd is on fire. This is the 4th fire in the last week.
And what will the RCMP have to say about this?
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
JagXKR
Übergod
 
Posts: 1794
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1697 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby SouthernOkanagan » Jun 19th, 2019, 7:44 am

It's obviously someone who is walking home from one house to another at the same time every night.
Someone should go sit out there and watch from 12AM to 4am.
SouthernOkanagan
 
Posts: 32
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 16 posts
Joined: Dec 12th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby blueliner » Jun 19th, 2019, 8:08 am

good thing it was north wind blowing , if southwind look out West Bench . Great job by PIB + Penticton Fire crews :up:
Fire bug for sure
blueliner
Fledgling
 
Posts: 317
Likes: 1234 posts
Liked in: 400 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 1:46 pm

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby Anonymous123 » Jun 19th, 2019, 8:28 am

SouthernOkanagan wrote:It's obviously someone who is walking home from one house to another at the same time every night.
Someone should go sit out there and watch from 12AM to 4am.


Ok, you take the first watch.
We See
We Judge
User avatar
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2793
Likes: 2308 posts
Liked in: 1640 posts
Joined: Feb 8th, 2013, 5:02 pm
Location: The fine line between reality and fantasy

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby blueliner » Jun 20th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Anonymous123 wrote:
SouthernOkanagan wrote:It's obviously someone who is walking home from one house to another at the same time every night.
Someone should go sit out there and watch from 12AM to 4am.


Ok, you take the first watch.

Love too but that's not on my traditional territory nor do I have that special "Card " :130: :130:
blueliner
Fledgling
 
Posts: 317
Likes: 1234 posts
Liked in: 400 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 1:46 pm

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby the truth » Jun 22nd, 2019, 8:32 am

JagXKR wrote:Another fire on PIB land tonight. 2am and the land just north of the Green Mountain Rd is on fire. This is the 4th fire in the last week.
And what will the RCMP have to say about this?


whats your point, is the rcmp doing something wrong ?
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18333
Likes: 13553 posts
Liked in: 7692 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby OKkayak » Jun 22nd, 2019, 8:39 am

the truth wrote:
JagXKR wrote:Another fire on PIB land tonight. 2am and the land just north of the Green Mountain Rd is on fire. This is the 4th fire in the last week.
And what will the RCMP have to say about this?


whats your point, is the rcmp doing something wrong ?

The point is, what are they doing? Have they increased patrols? Do they have any leads? Etc.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
User avatar
OKkayak
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3463
Likes: 3490 posts
Liked in: 4244 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby the truth » Jun 22nd, 2019, 8:59 am

do they not want the rcmp as little as possible on there land, how is that the rcmp's fault
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 18333
Likes: 13553 posts
Liked in: 7692 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby OKkayak » Jun 22nd, 2019, 9:02 am

the truth wrote:do they not want the rcmp as little as possible on there land, how is that the rcmp's fault

Huh? Who's blaming the cops?
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
User avatar
OKkayak
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3463
Likes: 3490 posts
Liked in: 4244 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby JagXKR » Jun 22nd, 2019, 9:08 am

OKkayak wrote:The point is, what are they doing? Have they increased patrols? Do they have any leads? Etc.


Exactly.
I posed the question before the story on Castanet "Arson suspected in PIB fires" came out. I have little to no faith in the current superintendent so my question was also a jab at his leadership. Maybe he might blame the dry grass for being dry. It's a crime of opportunity you know. I was waiting for him to tell the grass to stay more vigilant in how dry it becomes because that would lessen the chance of a criminal setting fire to it.

All tongue in cheek of course but I will never forgive the man for blaming victims of crime for being victims. Was hoping he would stick to his mantra and blame the dry grass, or people for letting the grass become so dry. But he didn't.

Will be interesting to see if they ever catch the criminal and what exactly will happen to the perp? My guess will be little to no jail time, no fine (at least an enforceable one) and a healing circle to help the colonialized victim with their deep wounds from the damage that European conquerors have inflicted upon them.
Just a guess though.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
JagXKR
Übergod
 
Posts: 1794
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1697 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby logman » Jun 22nd, 2019, 8:36 pm

Sshhhhh no one wants a problem on the PIB.
User avatar
logman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1183
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 284 posts
Joined: Apr 9th, 2006, 10:35 pm

Re: Fire Bug PIB

Postby logman » Jun 22nd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jun 22nd, 2019, 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Off topic
User avatar
logman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1183
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 284 posts
Joined: Apr 9th, 2006, 10:35 pm


Return to South Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests