Needle tips in our parks!

Needle tips in our parks!

Postby SouthernOkanagan » Jun 19th, 2019, 8:10 am

Everyone should use a ton of caution when enjoying our parks!

The other day I watched a man shove in the ground and break off no fewer than 20 hypodermic needle tips in the grass at Pen High Shatford building grass area behind the stone fence on the 24/7 convenience store corner!
And I've seen people do this before in other areas several times!

This is freakin' scary as all hell, I for one won't be walking around in any of our druggie infested parks with bare feet and I definitely won't be laying down on the grass or even the sand at our beaches!

What have YOU seen?
SouthernOkanagan

Liked in: 16 posts

Re: Needle tips in our parks!

Postby SouthernOkanagan » Jun 23rd, 2019, 4:47 am

The Global Okanagan News at 5pm aired a story yesterday about a bunch of citizens getting together to do a paraphernalia cleanup in parks around Penticton. Segment here: --->->-> https://globalnews.ca/news/5421236/pent ... edle-sweep <-<-<---
This is fantastic and, when I can, I will be joining them on future get togethers!

Just one thing though, everyone can pick up needles until they're blue in the face, but what does that do for the multitude of needle tips that these no-mind losers keep breaking off into the sand at the beaches and grassy areas in our parks?
Again yesterday I saw another "user" one by one jab 4 or 5 needles into the ground and slide it back and forth until the metal needle tip bent it's way off the plastic part.

Now I'm pretty sure, someone of limited mental facilities like the multitudes of these crouch n' poke losers in our downtown coreNO WAIT! Let me change that, they're not all around the downtown core, very few of them shoot up, use other dope, buy and sell their wares, urinate and deficate, bother shoppers, throw waste on the ground, including their used and still bloody needles or lay down on the ground in the rest of the downtown core quite like they do at the 24/7 Convenience Store and behind the stone fence that borders the south side of their parking area on the Shatford Centre's grass and across the street from there on the little boulevard island where Main St. meets Martin St. and on the Penticton Library's grass, especially by the fountain area.

Image above shows the Boulevard island where they hide behind the "Penticton City Centre" sign in the bushes.

And this image shows the stone wall they hide behind and use as their lil secret druggie den of dorks!

While walking, I avoid this area and treat it just like I would Chernobyl, nothing good goes on there.
This 24/7 is totally helping this bad situation too, I went inside to get a drink, normally I wouldn't go in that place but I did this time and I couldn't believe what I saw and overheard!
Get this, the clerk and management at 24/7 allows these drug dealers, pushers, dopers and strung outs to actually charge their phones and devices inside the store! I couldn't believe my eyes and ears! They go and plug in their devices then are allowed to leave them there with the clerk keeping an eye on them and then go back outside and sit on the grass!
24/7 is 100% promoting all the bad *bleep* that goes on around there just to make a buck and their cleanliness standards around there are non existent, it's a filthy place inside and out with sticky black dirty floors, greasy finger oils and food stuffs all over the glass till counter (lottery tix holder) and trash, cigarette butts and disgusting green and yellow with bloody chunks horked loogies everywhere! Ewww! Clean this s#&thole up!
No wonder they all hang around there! And that Sunrise Pharmacy across the street isn't much better, they hand out drug paraphernalia to anyone that wants it, for free and as much as anyone wants, but that's another issue in itself, the whole free needle thing, you know, but I won't get into that here.

Anyways, yeah, I hope this enlightens you and helps you decide what and where to avoid down there.
Best regards.

Mike Br. likes this post.
SouthernOkanagan

Postby my10cents » Jun 23rd, 2019, 7:47 am

Wake up Penticton!!!! - You've got all the services for these types of people---- and for a town the size of yours, you've got an alarming amount of them. I :-X t was once a pretty little area, now it's turning into a messy, unsafe, eyesore. Perhaps that's a bit harsh, but it will get worse - the word's out that Penticton is the place to be - "A place to stay forever" --ya! for them!!!

seewood likes this post.
my10cents

Liked in: 27 posts

Postby SouthernOkanagan » Jun 27th, 2019, 10:32 am

ATTENTION CITY OF PENTICTON BYLAW DEPARTMENT!!!

Why don't you "red zone" anywhere there's a school, playground, or public gathering area like a park? And continue that "red zone" 250 metres around any of the above mentioned sites.
Where the penality will be an automatic (at least)30 days in jail for any drug usage witnessed.

I've seen laws like this in a few American cities and even cities around the world, "red zoning" can work if the terms are set out correctly and adhered to vigorously by law enforcement.

Just a thought.

twobits likes this post.
SouthernOkanagan

Return to South Okanagan