Speeding Females

Speeding Females

Postby Justa Krittic » Jun 26th, 2019, 8:57 am

Have you ever noticed that the majority of excessive speeders are Females. I have and they are also the worst offenders for using hand held devices while driving. Take a survey for yourself and you will see that I'm correct on this .But in the meantime .Ladies please slow down and get off your Phones

3 people like this post.
Justa Krittic

Liked in: 50 posts

Re: Speeding Females

Postby coffeeFreak » Jun 26th, 2019, 9:24 am

That has not been my observation. More often, it is a certain age group and of the opposite gender who often still have an N on the back of their vehicle, although drivers of big pickups can be aggressive at times too.

Queen K likes this post.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Liked in: 544 posts

Postby JagXKR » Jun 26th, 2019, 10:01 am

You need to check out Pineview Rd or Greenwood Dr just before school lets out at the 2 schools on Green Ave.
Any of the other feeders to those schools as well. All racing for a spot to park in order to pick up their spawn.
Then, once loaded into their SUV's or minivans, race away to the after school activity. Even while still in the school zone! :200:
Certain areas are best not travelled when school is about to be let out.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

twobits likes this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1719 posts

Postby Anonymous123 » Jun 27th, 2019, 6:32 am

Drive anywhere in Kelowna and you’ll find them as well.
We See
We Judge

2 people like this post.
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1645 posts

Postby LTD » Jun 27th, 2019, 6:53 am

Justa Krittic wrote:Have you ever noticed that the majority of excessive speeders are Females. I have and they are also the worst offenders for using hand held devices while driving. Take a survey for yourself and you will see that I'm correct on this .But in the meantime .Ladies please slow down and get off your Phones

scariest part of this is that they are the least likely to know how to control their vehicle in an emergency situation especially with a phone in one hand a latte in the other and a stupid little purse dog on their lap

4 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3816 posts

Postby SouthernOkanagan » Jun 27th, 2019, 10:38 am

In my observations it's females that don't seem to should check their turns and lane changes, I'm not so sure about speeding, I think speeding is pretty even, both sexes do it, not one more than the other, from what I've seen anyhow.

SouthernOkanagan
https://www.twitter.com/@SouthOkanagan
SouthernOkanagan

Liked in: 16 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jun 27th, 2019, 10:45 am

We walk the dog every morning and part of that is in a School zone. The majority of speeders seem to be young women and a few of those are on their phone. Older folks seem to be the next group along with pick up truck drivers and commercial trucks.

O heck they all speed!
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13008 posts

Postby csm » Jun 27th, 2019, 10:57 am

Justa Krittic wrote:Have you ever noticed that the majority of excessive speeders are Females. I have and they are also the worst offenders for using hand held devices while driving. Take a survey for yourself and you will see that I'm correct on this .But in the meantime .Ladies please slow down and get off your Phones

Yes, absolutely - lots of times while speeding, they are also incessantly looking at their cell phone's to see if there is a "Text", looking in the mirror checking their makeup and hair, and even drinking coffee.

You can categorize that with those who have "N"s slapped on the rear as well - they seem to think it's a licence to drive like an idiot.

Kelowna's problem, is there is not enough cops doing traffic in area's that aren't as lucrative financially as Harvey and Glenmore, and the regular cops don't do traffic because they don't have radar ( unless it's a blatantly obvious offense ). All one has to do is sit at Brandt's Creek deck between 3:30 - 7:30 pm, and watch the traffic at Kane and Glenmore, it's like the Indy 500 - think of all the cash the province is missing out on!!

Not to mention the Clifton Freeway - One reason I'm getting the hell out of Kelowna - tired of the heavy tax and the crappy drivers and large groups of cops that sit at Tim Hortons for hours at a time visiting, instead of being out protecting the public.

One or 2 cops is fine if on a break - someone has to stay out on the road to cover for that!
Amazing how Liberal Fanatics are great at blaming others for Canada's problems, but when asked about their accomplishments - have nothing to say!

Fidel Trudeau is an Autocrat and Dictator - "Ship Him Back To Cuba"!!
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jun 27th, 2019, 3:31 pm

FYI, back in my younger days I liked fast women...or was that fast cars, can't remember anymore. :135:
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

DarbyD likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13008 posts

Postby GordonH » Jun 27th, 2019, 4:28 pm

I find both genders equally speed & drive with a cellphone glued to their ear.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

DarbyD likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9009 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Anonymous123 » Jun 27th, 2019, 4:30 pm

I was behind a young mom once on Harvey avenue in Kelowna. She was in a single cab pickup and talking on the phone. With her other hand she was holding her cigarette out the window so that the smoke wouldn’t hurt the child in the car seat. I wondered who was steering the vehicle as she drove her 60 kmh.
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1645 posts

Postby pentona » Jun 27th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Anonymous123 wrote:I was behind a young mom once on Harvey avenue in Kelowna. She was in a single cab pickup and talking on the phone. With her other hand she was holding her cigarette out the window so that the smoke wouldn’t hurt the child in the car seat. I wondered who was steering the vehicle as she drove her 60 kmh.

Isn't against the law to talk on a cel phone while driving (unless hands-free or you are making a 9-1-1 call)? Also, believe there is a law now in B.C. that you cannot smoke in your vehicle if children are in it with you? Sounds like a pretty dumb lady.

2 people like this post.
pentona
Übergod

Liked in: 621 posts

Postby twobits » Jun 27th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Anonymous123 wrote:I was behind a young mom once on Harvey avenue in Kelowna. She was in a single cab pickup and talking on the phone. With her other hand she was holding her cigarette out the window so that the smoke wouldn’t hurt the child in the car seat. I wondered who was steering the vehicle as she drove her 60 kmh.

Her knees were steering. I see it all the time cuz my truck sits high enough that I can look down on most passenger and small SUV's. I can even see the dozens of fast food wrappers and drink bottles that fill the footwells of the car.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby Sabumnim123 » Jun 27th, 2019, 6:45 pm

I have been "tail-gated" by speeders of both genders ( both male and female) while driving in Penticton. The Parkway channel is the worst place for speeding, generally ? Have rarely seen seniors speed at all in that town. it's the young ones who just got the "L" or the "N" who can be cocky and annoying. The worse, rudest speeding offenders are clearly people driving large pick-up trucks, particularly diesel trucks, that stink up the road and they don't shut off the truck at public stores, either, letting it idle like effing idiots ?

That said, Penticton drivers are MUCH, MUCH nicer than Kelowna drivers. They drive slower and the people in Penticton, generally, are much nicer than Kelowna people. Take my word for it ! If you want to see nasty, go take a Sunday drive to Surrey, East Vancouver, or downtown Toronto, (as I have) and see how nasty people really are ?

I have a friend who is a former cop in West Kelowna and he transferred here from Surrey. In Surrey, he says, when you go to any bar in Surrey and give people, the eye, they eyeball you back, twice, and before long, they are challenging you to a scrap, right there and then ! That happens, even if you are a cop.

In more innocent small towns (like Penticton and Summerland), you can still give people the eyeball and they won't beat the hell out of you. (maybe later?)

The other main problem is enforcement. How can the RCMP effectively enforce the speeding laws when they are all at the donut shop. I agree with the previous poster. Keep at least one cop on the road at all times.
Sabumnim123

Liked in: 6 posts

Return to South Okanagan