Is It Just Me ...

Justa Krittic

Is It Just Me ...

Post by Justa Krittic »

Is It Just Me … Or has anyone else noticed a Lack of Yellow Maintenance Vehicles in the South Okanagan.... Could It Be ..all the required regular maintenance to keep our Highways and Side Roads safe is done...uhmm.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Is It Just Me ...

Post by LANDM »

It’s just you.
You and 71 others Like this post
Justa Krittic

Post by Justa Krittic »

LANDM wrote:It’s just you.

LOL..You Don't get out much
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I only get out to drink "Kraft" beer. :130:
Justa Krittic

Post by Justa Krittic »

LANDM wrote:I only get out to drink "Kraft" beer. :130:

well its nice to see that you admit to your problem [icon_lol2.gif]
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Justa Krittic wrote:Is It Just Me … Or has anyone else noticed a Lack of Yellow Maintenance Vehicles in the South Okanagan.... Could It Be ..all the required regular maintenance to keep our Highways and Side Roads safe is done...uhmm.

from what I've been hearing, the new company looking after the maintenance underestimated the scope of work ahead of them and are playing catch-up. Now this came from a couple of workers from the former maintenance company, so I can't be positive if it's 100 percent correct.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Justa Krittic wrote:

well its nice to see that you admit to your problem [icon_lol2.gif]

Of course I do. Isn’t that one of the twelve steps?

But, on topic, all the maintenance work is done. Totally finished. Nothing more needed this year.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

LANDM wrote:But, on topic, all the maintenance work is done. Totally finished. Nothing more needed this year.

Out this way I saw the contract street sweeper spreading the sand accumulated on the sides of the road back all over the road and I suspect some was sucked up into the tank as well. Two weeks ago I saw a crew filling in some potholes with cold-roll filler. Some of the other pot holes were not so lucky.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
SouthernOkanagan

Post by SouthernOkanagan »

"Kraft" Foods Group Inc. makes beer?
Justa Krittic

Post by Justa Krittic »

RupertBear wrote:
Justa Krittic wrote:Is It Just Me … Or has anyone else noticed a Lack of Yellow Maintenance Vehicles in the South Okanagan.... Could It Be ..all the required regular maintenance to keep our Highways and Side Roads safe is done...uhmm.

from what I've been hearing, the new company looking after the maintenance underestimated the scope of work ahead of them and are playing catch-up. Now this came from a couple of workers from the former maintenance company, so I can't be positive if it's 100 percent correct.

They are so far behind and getting little done..Wonder how they will handle this winter
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

This sounds like a middle management job and vehicle allowance loss gripe.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

SouthernOkanagan wrote:

"Kraft" Foods Group Inc. makes beer?

Just a joke connected to a post in another thread..... :130:
GEW
Fledgling

Post by GEW »

Well, it is summer. Not a lot of snow clearing goes on this time of year. I did see the new contractor, doing bridge work in Princeton last week.
Keep calm and wear your tinfoil hat.
DarbyD
Übergod

Post by DarbyD »

seewood wrote:
LANDM wrote:But, on topic, all the maintenance work is done. Totally finished. Nothing more needed this year.

Out this way I saw the contract street sweeper spreading the sand accumulated on the sides of the road back all over the road and I suspect some was sucked up into the tank as well. Two weeks ago I saw a crew filling in some potholes with cold-roll filler. Some of the other pot holes were not so lucky.

Sometimes the street sweepers only seem to care about covering their territory quickly, maybe it's a race? Not stopping to dump a full load of dirt results in spreading more dirt to the sides of the road instead of collecting it into the sweeper.
I'm not your enemy. We have a difference of opinion, and I can live with that. Can you?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Is it just me...

But remembering 20-22 years ago if you were cruising the lake to lake and in between there would be lots and lot of cars and people walking around on the beach or hanging out by their cars at the beach..

Boy things have changed in 20 years...the place looks dead when driving through downtown and the beach.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “South Okanagan”