Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby southy » Jul 10th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Ok … I just finished watching another car dealer tv ad, are these guys totally out to lunch or what. I mean come on .."We sell cars"? Really, I thought they sold horses. Then there's the .. "We make car buying easy". I think I'd rather have a root canal than buy a vehicle. There is nothing easy about car buying. Oh and then there's the new car ad I saw today out for a Salmon Arm dealership … "size matters". What??? Personally I would not purchase a vehicle from any one of these dealerships for the simple reason they are insulting consumers intelligence. They are also giving car dealers a bad name in my opinion. If I'm going to spend 30k, 40k or more I think the least these dealerships can do is talk to me in a mature, rational manner so that I can make an educated decision. I also blame Global TV Kelowna and their ad reps for even allowing production of these ads … but then again, money speaks. Make the sale regardless of the outcome. Where will you buy your next vehicle?
Last edited by southy on Jul 10th, 2019, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 people like this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2338
Likes: 559 posts
Liked in: 991 posts
Joined: Jun 1st, 2010, 4:14 pm

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby seewood » Jul 10th, 2019, 7:05 pm

southy wrote:Where will you buy your next vehicle?


Bought and leased a few new/used cars/trucks over time. In all cases I knew what I wanted ahead of time and then went to dealers to see what their bottom line would be.

Never went to a dealer wondering what car to purchase.

You do have a point regarding some of their advertising. Some really dumb adverts out their regarding dealers but then I've seen some great adverts for brands. One favorite brand advert (Evidently now banned) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rWOJlnPCAk
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Bsuds likes this post.
seewood
Übergod
 
Posts: 1643
Likes: 4172 posts
Liked in: 1627 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby Symbonite » Jul 11th, 2019, 8:49 am

ya the Nissan/Hyundai dealership they show it at the theater as well..aweful and i cant change the channel
...as well as the chev dealership in kelowna are starting to become like american style car sales commercial...tacky..

kind of reminds me this from a movie in the 80's

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
User avatar
Symbonite
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3633
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 980 posts
Joined: Feb 16th, 2005, 10:30 am
Location: From Within

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby GordonH » Jul 11th, 2019, 8:56 am

I remember a Kelowna vehicle sales commercial the person Te**y, his catchphrase was You Betcha
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

2 people like this post.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 23404
Likes: 2843 posts
Liked in: 9011 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby Bsuds » Jul 11th, 2019, 9:15 am

They want you to remember their name. If a crappy ad does that then it has done what it was supposed to do.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 44716
Likes: 10524 posts
Liked in: 13019 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby southy » Jul 11th, 2019, 11:34 am

Bsuds wrote:They want you to remember their name. If a crappy ad does that then it has done what it was supposed to do.


Yup … I definitely remember their name. To the point I will never, ever purchase a vehicle there. Does that make sense?
southy
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2338
Likes: 559 posts
Liked in: 991 posts
Joined: Jun 1st, 2010, 4:14 pm

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby Bsuds » Jul 11th, 2019, 11:40 am

southy wrote:
Bsuds wrote:They want you to remember their name. If a crappy ad does that then it has done what it was supposed to do.


Yup … I definitely remember their name. To the point I will never, ever purchase a vehicle there. Does that make sense?


Me too and I have also heard from a reliable source that the service dept is not totally honest either.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 44716
Likes: 10524 posts
Liked in: 13019 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby dogspoiler » Jul 11th, 2019, 11:56 am

OMG, what if politicians catch on to this sort of advertising ?
I cast my pearls before swine
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16726
Likes: 414 posts
Liked in: 2869 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2009, 4:32 am

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby Bsuds » Jul 11th, 2019, 3:04 pm

dogspoiler wrote:OMG, what if politicians catch on to this sort of advertising ?


They have been doing it for years...it's called bash the other guy.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

GordonH likes this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 44716
Likes: 10524 posts
Liked in: 13019 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby OKkayak » Jul 11th, 2019, 8:21 pm

southy wrote:They are also giving car dealers a bad name in my opinion.

Car dealers had a good name? [icon_lol2.gif]

If you want to be treated like a mature adult and look at/buy a car in a professional atmosphere, my experience has been the higher end brands are a complete different world than those annoying clowns at the likes of Dodge or GM.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
User avatar
OKkayak
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3513
Likes: 3582 posts
Liked in: 4341 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby Bsuds » Jul 11th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Lawyers , real estate, car and RV salespeople have a reputation of being bottom feeders.

I'm sure I missed a few others too.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 44716
Likes: 10524 posts
Liked in: 13019 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby Symbonite » Jul 11th, 2019, 11:47 pm

OKkayak wrote:
southy wrote:They are also giving car dealers a bad name in my opinion.

Car dealers had a good name? [icon_lol2.gif]

If you want to be treated like a mature adult and look at/buy a car in a professional atmosphere, my experience has been the higher end brands are a complete different world than those annoying clowns at the likes of Dodge or GM.


ya why is it that the Chev dealer and the Dodge Dealer is so grade school on their tactics. Why is the other brands selling and do not have to be annoying...i guess its the ownership because Nissan/Hyundai is in the same camp.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
User avatar
Symbonite
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3633
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 980 posts
Joined: Feb 16th, 2005, 10:30 am
Location: From Within

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby twobits » Jul 13th, 2019, 8:57 pm

Have heard that mice are causing quite a problem chewing on the vegetable based insulated wiring of some new vehicles. Best keep new vehicles if you own one away from past cow pasture land.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7223
Likes: 1092 posts
Liked in: 3853 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby squash junky » Jul 24th, 2019, 4:49 pm

southy wrote:Yup … I definitely remember their name. To the point I will never, ever purchase a vehicle there. Does that make sense?


I have that with Andres, hate the commercial (radio) , will not go there.
Luckily we ditched cable a couple of years ago so we don't have to watch (car) commercials.
squash junky
Fledgling
 
Posts: 116
Likes: 47 posts
Liked in: 71 posts
Joined: Nov 6th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Re: Car dealership advertising - *bleep*?

Postby Anonymous123 » Jul 24th, 2019, 5:23 pm

southy wrote:Ok … I just finished watching another car dealer tv ad, are these guys totally out to lunch or what. I mean come on .."We sell cars"? Really, I thought they sold horses. Then there's the .. "We make car buying easy". I think I'd rather have a root canal than buy a vehicle. There is nothing easy about car buying. Oh and then there's the new car ad I saw today out for a Salmon Arm dealership … "size matters". What??? Personally I would not purchase a vehicle from any one of these dealerships for the simple reason they are insulting consumers intelligence. They are also giving car dealers a bad name in my opinion. If I'm going to spend 30k, 40k or more I think the least these dealerships can do is talk to me in a mature, rational manner so that I can make an educated decision. I also blame Global TV Kelowna and their ad reps for even allowing production of these ads … but then again, money speaks. Make the sale regardless of the outcome. Where will you buy your next vehicle?


These guys don’t “sell cars”, they sell Hyundais. Personally I have never and will never buy a car from a dealership.
We See
We Judge
User avatar
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2806
Likes: 2315 posts
Liked in: 1648 posts
Joined: Feb 8th, 2013, 5:02 pm
Location: The fine line between reality and fantasy

Next

Return to South Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests