Senior tossed to the curb

Re: Senior tossed to the curb

Postby dogspoiler » Jul 11th, 2019, 12:20 pm

This looks like the end result of many months of problems. If anyone wants to move her into their own home, give me a call and I'll bring my pickup down.
I cast my pearls before swine

soupy likes this post.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2862 posts

Postby JagXKR » Jul 11th, 2019, 1:23 pm

kgcayenne wrote:The headline should read: 'RTB Backs Landlord'

The headline should read "RTB backs law abiding citizens, not druggies and their supporters".
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

3 people like this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1694 posts

Postby WalterWhite » Jul 11th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Playing Devil's Advocate here - but interesting how this woman is evicted for doing pretty much what BC Housing is forcing on others in a much larger scope and scale - and at taxpayer's expense.

4 people like this post.
WalterWhite

Liked in: 5564 posts

Postby soupy » Jul 11th, 2019, 2:12 pm

WalterWhite wrote:Playing Devil's Advocate here - but interesting how this woman is evicted for doing pretty much what BC Housing is forcing on others in a much larger scope and scale - and at taxpayer's expense.

Rules are actually enforced at that condo it seems.

2 people like this post.
soupy
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 784 posts

Postby JagXKR » Jul 11th, 2019, 3:01 pm

WalterWhite wrote:Playing Devil's Advocate here - but interesting how this woman is evicted for doing pretty much what BC Housing is forcing on others in a much larger scope and scale - and at taxpayer's expense.

What? BC Housing is putting druggies into apartments where law abiding rent paying citizens are residing? Not sure I've ever heard this before. Must be new that the public is being forced to reside with druggies in the same building that they pay rent.
This is not good at all.
Please forward the sites where this is happening as I have not heard of ANY apartments where this is occurring.
JagXKR
Übergod

Postby JagXKR » Jul 11th, 2019, 3:11 pm

https://www.pacificcoveproperties.com/a ... apartments

Fairview Manor is located at the corner of Fairview and Scott Road in the heart of beautiful Penticton BC, conveniently-located walking distance from all the necessary amenities including Fairview Grocery, Safeway, and Shoppers Drug Mart. A 15-minute walk or a quick ride on the Number 4 bus takes you into Penticton's quaint and historic downtown or the beautiful beaches of Okanagan Lake.

Fairview features bright and spacious bachelor, one- and two-bedroom units with well-equipped kitchens and generous in-suite storage, and most suites also feature large balconies. Rent includes hot water, and parking and on-site laundry are also available. For the comfort of all residents, Fairview Manor is a smoke-free and pet-free building.

I guess all that's missing is the part about BC Housing moving druggies into the suites. Oh and it's also smoke free so no druggies will be doing any of those types of drugs in the building. You know, because they are such rule followers.
JagXKR
Übergod

Postby Gixxer » Jul 11th, 2019, 3:24 pm

She only has herself to blame. Its popular to jump on the entitled poor me victim culture bandwagon.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1716 posts

Postby Mark1111 » Jul 11th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Oh this whole moderator thing really isn't working for you Walter is it? You can't help yourself. Come on man ...come back to the dark side, you know you really want to bite the tiger in the *bleep* don't you? Come on, let your inner conservative loose, you know you want do!

Well that aside, Not sure I get your drift here Walter. And as always I do respect your opinion, Are you suggesting she might have been egregious evicted because she provided housing for homeless folk? Not calling you out on this one bud...just looking for a clarification on your perspective.
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
Mark1111
Board Meister

Liked in: 410 posts

Postby WalterWhite » Jul 11th, 2019, 8:57 pm

Mark1111 wrote:

Oh this whole moderator thing really isn't working for you Walter is it? You can't help yourself. Come on man ...come back to the dark side, you know you really want to bite the tiger in the *bleep* don't you? Come on, let your inner conservative loose, you know you want do!

Well that aside, Not sure I get your drift here Walter. And as always I do respect your opinion, Are you suggesting she might have been egregious evicted because she provided housing for homeless folk? Not calling you out on this one bud...just looking for a clarification on your perspective.

Happy to clarify, and who said a mod can’t have an opinion? Merely pointing out what is to me a perceived irony, almost a social hypocrisy if you will. A number of people are making comments about how some should step up and take in some homeless if they truly want to help make a difference. Neighbourhoods are being forced to accept wet facilities at the government’s discretion and taxpayers are footing the bill for it. Now, I’m in no way defending this woman or her actions and completely respect the rules of the tenancy she resides in. As stated, just an observation I found interesting in that she’s been evicted doing what other residential areas are being forced to accept under the provincial and municipal government’s attempts at providing supportive housing with regard to wet facilities. Conservatism/liberalism has nothing to do with it - simply an observation. Oh, and this dark side - has cookies.

Realeyesrealize likes this post.
WalterWhite

Liked in: 5564 posts

Postby fluffy » Jul 12th, 2019, 7:51 am

I think you’re playing into her hand here WalterWhite. From what I’m seeing she had exhausted all her legal options and is now playing on public sympathy for help. It’s my experience that working the system is an essential survival skill for people who live outside the law.
Okey dokey doggie daddy.

seewood likes this post.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4392 posts

Postby Mike Br. » Jul 12th, 2019, 8:00 am

RTBs are usually heavily biased toward tenants. When they side with landlord, you know it couldn't be more solid than that.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!

4 people like this post.
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby DarbyD » Jul 12th, 2019, 8:04 am

I get the analogy:
This Penticton woman was bringing homeless, drug addicted, street entrenched people into her apartment to live with her, forcing her neighbours to live in an unsafe environment within their own apartment building.

The same way BC Housing is bringing homeless, drug addicted, street entrenched people into the Rutland family and senior centred neighbourhoods, forcing families and seniors to live in an increasingly unsafe environment.
They comes,
They goes.

4 people like this post.
DarbyD

Liked in: 113 posts

Postby Mike Br. » Jul 12th, 2019, 8:33 am

I don't believe her a single word that she got evicted for "helping homeless". It's more likely that she was running a drug den. It further goes to prove that drug addictions make people homeless, not the other way around. No sympathies here.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby seewood » Jul 12th, 2019, 8:34 am

Scrolling down the Penticton news stories, heading is now " Homeless for first time at 63" And happy the story is more complete now.
Thank you all that wrote in. Myself included.

It is too bad the parasites in society seemed to have used her to their benefit. Just perhaps this might be a precedent to others in the community where this behavior is taking place and with the threat of eviction, stop enabling the parasites.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Übergod

Liked in: 1615 posts

Postby W105 » Jul 12th, 2019, 8:56 am

well if you want to hear the other side of the story from other Tenants who lived in the same building as this lady, check out Castanet's FB page...

sounds like this lady and her "guests" had zero respect for their rights to the quiet enjoyment of their homes..

one Tenant said that when she asked a person to stop smoking crack in the hallways she was told to shut up or she would have her throat slit..
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4574 posts

PreviousNext

Return to South Okanagan