Did my Part

Did my Part

Postby Justa Krittic » Jul 27th, 2019, 8:48 am

This morning just before 7am I witnessed a Crime In Progress.. Called the RCMP ..Long story short ..Nobody showed up ..called again half hour later ..nobody showed up..The Lowlife Thief got away with a motorcycle..

youhavegottobekidding likes this post.
Justa Krittic

Liked in: 50 posts

Re: Did my Part

Postby oneh2obabe » Jul 27th, 2019, 11:57 am

Did the motorcycle belong to you? If you waited 30 minutes between calls, did you notify the owner? Are you positive the owner didn't loan the bike to a family member or friend?

I can see the police not responding if you're not the registered owner and there had been no call of a stolen motorcycle.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 7680 posts

Postby southy » Jul 27th, 2019, 1:16 pm

Justa Krittic wrote:This morning just before 7am I witnessed a Crime In Progress.. Called the RCMP ..Long story short ..Nobody showed up ..called again half hour later ..nobody showed up..The Lowlife Thief got away with a motorcycle..

I would have turned the sprinklers on - :130:

southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 991 posts

Postby Justa Krittic » Jul 27th, 2019, 1:42 pm

i :cuss:
Justa Krittic

Postby Bunnyhop » Jul 27th, 2019, 1:48 pm

oneh2obabe wrote:Did the motorcycle belong to you? If you waited 30 minutes between calls, did you notify the owner? Are you positive the owner didn't loan the bike to a family member or friend?

I can see the police not responding if you're not the registered owner and there had been no call of a stolen motorcycle.

Everyone that calls in suspicious activity should be taken seriously by the police, not just the owner of whatever property is being stolen.

There is so much theft these days that we all need to be looking out for each other.

2 people like this post.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 561 posts

Postby twobits » Jul 27th, 2019, 6:13 pm

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 27th, 2019, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby Justa Krittic » Jul 27th, 2019, 6:23 pm

if it had been my Motorcycle I would have called an Ambulance

4 people like this post.
Justa Krittic

Postby GordonH » Jul 27th, 2019, 6:33 pm

Even though I have issues with 1 of my neighbours, if I see something or someone I don't recognize removing item(s).
I will always error on the side of caution and report it, if I end up being wrong then I will admit it & apologize for my mistake.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9011 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Justa Krittic » Jul 27th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Bunnyhop wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote:Did the motorcycle belong to you? If you waited 30 minutes between calls, did you notify the owner? Are you positive the owner didn't loan the bike to a family member or friend?

Everyone that calls in suspicious activity should be taken seriously by the police, not just the owner of whatever property is being stolen.

There is so much theft these days that we all need to be looking out for each other.

so what if the owner this early in the morning has realized the motorcycle is missing. Dah

Justa Krittic

Postby dogspoiler » Jul 28th, 2019, 10:30 am

This would be the time to make an official complaint. With the cops telling us we should be more aware and reporting incidents we should expect a response.
I cast my pearls before swine

2 people like this post.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2869 posts

Postby twobits » Jul 28th, 2019, 5:06 pm

So if I understand you correctly.....we should be trying to check with our neighbours to make sure the person driving off with the motorcycle didn't have permission to take it before you would call police?? Some things are just plainly obvious and intuitive.
I certainly don't ever want you as my neighbour if you lack those basic skills. You would be like having a Golden Retriever as a guard dog.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby oneh2obabe » Jul 29th, 2019, 12:14 am

No, what I asked was did they check with the neighbour while waiting 30 minutes between calls to the police. And before you imply that I don't watch out for my neighbours, I have called when suspicious activity was happening next door and police responded within 10 minutes.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Bsuds likes this post.
oneh2obabe

Postby dogspoiler » Jul 29th, 2019, 8:46 am

If you saw a house on fire and it was not yours, should you report it ?
I cast my pearls before swine

dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2869 posts

Postby oneh2obabe » Jul 29th, 2019, 9:25 am

Yep - next door neighbour's shed caught fire and I called the fire department and ran next door and made sure he got out of the house - he had propane tanks in the shed so who knew if they would explode or not. Car accident 4 houses down and I called 911.

oneh2obabe

Postby common_sense_guy » Jul 31st, 2019, 8:23 am

twobits wrote:

So if I understand you correctly.....we should be trying to check with our neighbours to make sure the person driving off with the motorcycle didn't have permission to take it before you would call police?? Some things are just plainly obvious and intuitive.
I certainly don't ever want you as my neighbour if you lack those basic skills. You would be like having a Golden Retriever as a guard dog.

You've really hit the nail on the head if you're trying to compare apples and elephants. Geez
If you can't handle the truth, plug your ears. Don't ask me to stop speaking. This is a no snowflake Zone
common_sense_guy
Board Meister

Liked in: 345 posts

Return to South Okanagan