New Highways Contractor Not Prepared For Winter.

New Highways Contractor Not Prepared For Winter.

Postby Justa Krittic » Aug 18th, 2019, 8:48 am

If you think the last contractor (Argo) did a terrible job...Wait ..you will have lots to *bleep* about with the new contractor.They have very little equipment for removing snow and maintaining the roads.They are ill-prepared to handle this job. How a company who has no expierence in this type of maintenance and beat out all of the Big B.C. companies for this contract has me wondering who"s palms got greased in awarding this to them.

my5cents likes this post.
Justa Krittic

Liked in: 50 posts

Re: New Highways Contractor Not Prepared For Winter.

Postby southy » Aug 18th, 2019, 8:59 am

Justa Krittic wrote:If you think the last contractor (Argo) did a terrible job...Wait ..you will have lots to *bleep* about with the new contractor.They have very little equipment for removing snow and maintaining the roads.They are ill-prepared to handle this job. How a company who has no expierence in this type of maintenance and beat out all of the Big B.C. companies for this contract has me wondering who"s palms got greased in awarding this to them.

Ahhh ... and you believe the previous contractor did a really good job???
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 989 posts

Postby Justa Krittic » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:02 am

southy wrote:
Justa Krittic wrote:If you think the last contractor (Argo) did a terrible job...Wait ..you will have lots to *bleep* about with the new contractor.They have very little equipment for removing snow and maintaining the roads.They are ill-prepared to handle this job. How a company who has no expierence in this type of maintenance and beat out all of the Big B.C. companies for this contract has me wondering who"s palms got greased in awarding this to them.

Ahhh ... and you believe the previous contractor did a really good job???

I never said that
Justa Krittic

Postby southy » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:07 am

So do tell - who are these large bc companies you feel should have the contract? Do they all have winter equipment just lying around with the hope of getting a contract? Do you know for sure they actually bid on the contract. Something tells me there is more to the rest of your story.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Justa Krittic » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:16 am

southy wrote:So do tell - who are these large bc companies you feel should have the contract? Do they all have winter equipment just lying around with the hope of getting a contract? Do you know for sure they actually bid on the contract. Something tells me there is more to the rest of your story.

As a matter of fact these big companies do have the equipment .
Last edited by Justa Krittic on Aug 18th, 2019, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justa Krittic

Postby southy » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:41 am

And I think we just got the rest of the story. Thank you.

OKkayak likes this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby OKkayak » Aug 18th, 2019, 9:43 am

Please provide a source for your claim.
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4218 posts

Postby vegas1500 » Aug 18th, 2019, 10:29 am

These type of bids are open to anyone who can meet the requirements. In order to place a bid, they would have to have everything in place to carry it out, if awarded. I dont know the jurisdiction or requirements, but have to assume the company that won the bid has everything required. Also, sadly they go to the lowest bidder.

blueliner likes this post.
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 2096 posts

Postby Anonymous123 » Aug 18th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Link?
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1638 posts

Postby 1791 » Aug 18th, 2019, 2:37 pm

Anonymous123 wrote:

Link?

There is an older thread abour this. The new contractor is from Spain.
Fledgling

Liked in: 117 posts

Postby 14Karma » Aug 18th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Correct...the new Contractor is from Spain, been told they are the largest road contractor in the world (in 36 country's) and are in the process of getting prepared for the winter.
14Karma

Liked in: 16 posts

Postby LTD » Aug 18th, 2019, 3:22 pm

ya they've been buying a bunch of iron pretty sure they know what they're doing you don't bid on contracts like this when its your first kick at the can lol , sounds like someone might be a disgruntled argo guy

2 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3816 posts

Postby blueliner » Aug 18th, 2019, 4:03 pm

14Karma wrote:Correct...the new Contractor is from Spain, been told they are the largest road contractor in the world (in 36 country's) and are in the process of getting prepared for the winter.

Maybe they are owned by SNC Lavalin all's good Sunny Ways My Friend Sunny Ways :130:

2 people like this post.
blueliner
Fledgling

Liked in: 400 posts

Postby bob vernon » Aug 21st, 2019, 2:43 pm

They have nothing to do with SNC Lavalin. That level of political commentary is like, grade six social studies.

But remember this when the snow falls in a couple of months: the contractors are NOT in the business of maintaining roads. They are in the business of racking up as much profit as they can. And that means doing the least that they have to. They will cut every corner they can, leave every plow in the yard that they can, save all the fuel that they can. And we will get the level of highway maintenance that we deserve.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1542 posts

Postby DetectivePikachu » Aug 22nd, 2019, 3:42 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 22nd, 2019, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
DetectivePikachu

Liked in: 48 posts

Next

Return to South Okanagan