2004 Filmon Report

maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

2004 Filmon Report

Post by maple leaf »

With the disaster in Ft McMurray and the year of record setting temperatures,we are poised to have another repeat of fires in our province.After the Kelowna fires , The Filmon report came out in 2004,Identified 1.7 million hectors of land requiring treatment to prevent forest fires.Out of the 1.7 million hectares 685.000 were considered high risk.But as of 2016 this government has only dealt with 80,000.They have dropped the ball here and now we are faced with another disaster in the makings.

https://lailayuile.com/2016/04/22/only- ... ince-2004/
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
HP
Board Meister

Re: 2004 Filmon Report

Post by HP »

685.000 were considered high risk.But as of 2016 this government has only dealt with 80,00

Is there a possibility that this is a metrics thing much like preventative medicine. i.e. it's easier to point to 'diseases cured' v.s. 'diseases avoided'

If the fire doesn't happen there is no way to say for certain that the money was put to good use. Basically take the 80,000 that are the highest priority, do those, and doddle on the rest putting the money toward other priorities.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maple leaf wrote:With the disaster in Ft McMurray and the year of record setting temperatures,we are poised to have another repeat of fires in our province.After the Kelowna fires , The Filmon report came out in 2004,Identified 1.7 million hectors of land requiring treatment to prevent forest fires.Out of the 1.7 million hectares 685.000 were considered high risk.But as of 2016 this government has only dealt with 80,000.They have dropped the ball here and now we are faced with another disaster in the makings.

https://lailayuile.com/2016/04/22/only- ... ince-2004/

and if the NDP hadn't been such bureaucratic morons they could have contained the pine beetle in one provincial park. I do agree that more should be done, but the other guys we have to vote for are even worse when it comes to forestry.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
and if the NDP hadn't been such bureaucratic morons they could have contained the pine beetle in one provincial park. I do agree that more should be done, but the other guys we have to vote for are even worse when it comes to forestry.

The other government will be flush with money once that whole LNG gold mine gets going. :138:
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “Fire Watch 2016”