Who do you think will win the provincial election in May?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.

Which party do you think will win the provincial election in May?

BC Liberals
76%
NDP
24%

Total votes: 76

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Who do you think will win the provincial election in May?

Post by Urbane »

So it's not necessarily the party that you want to win but the party that you think will win. Is there a "kick the bums out" wave that will sweep the NDP into power here or will voters be happy with the strong economy and re-elect the Liberals? The election is still five months away so you can change your vote later on if you change your mind.
jayro
Fledgling

Re: Who do you think will win the provincial election in May

Post by jayro »

I don't want either one they have both proven a failure......but definately not the BC liberals they have gotten away with way to much for way too long and someone needs to wipe that annoying phony smile off Christy's face. I have a feeling it will be close.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's too early for me to make a prediction, but we've had one party in power for a long time, so people are very much wanting change.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ken531a
Fledgling

Post by ken531a »

got to listen to the trumpish lies. then vote for the BEST one
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

jayro wrote:I don't want either one they have both proven a failure......but definately not the BC liberals they have gotten away with way to much for way too long and someone needs to wipe that annoying phony smile off Christy's face. I have a feeling it will be close.

Should look something like this.
Attachments
christy-clark.jpg
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I want Christy and the Liberals to win. It has been an advantage having her in the riding and she has done a great job. She is also much better than any of the alternatives

the economy is doomed if NDP wins.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Horgan has already lost.

When Dix said NO! to Kinder Morgan, he lost. He had a 20 point lead and crapped the bed hugely.

So what does Horgan do? He starts a petition against Kinder Morgan.

Why are the NDP so stupid?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Rwede wrote:Horgan has already lost.

When Dix said NO! to Kinder Morgan, he lost. He had a 20 point lead and crapped the bed hugely.

So what does Horgan do? He starts a petition against Kinder Morgan.

Why are the NDP so stupid?

I read the polls as the NDP has quite a lead right now.....???
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As long as there is only 1 political party at centre/rightwing & 2 left of centre, that centre/rightwing will always win.
With maybe 1 exception blowing up the party i.e Bill Vanderzalm with Social Credit Party.

Now a 2nd strong Leader rightwing party would make things very interesting at election time.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ken531a
Fledgling

Post by ken531a »

I would bet, if you shown a picture of of the NDP Leader 95% of BC people would not have a clue who he was.

The photo op with Queen with her entourage of highly paid photographers have her smile down to a fine art.

It's been proven at the highest levels that truth and reality during elections mean nothing.

I always laugh at the family first election ploy in a province where there is the highest rate of child poverty. And don't get me started on the LNG fantasy.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

As of right now, Liberals. The NDP have to put on their big boy pants and stop making big issues out of tiny things and put out some form of comprehensive plan that includes all of BC and not just trite tag lines. They have failed to bother the past few elections and so far appear to be ramping up to do so again.

Should they get their act together and act like a political party and not a special interest group, things might change and get interesting.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

ken531a wrote:
I always laugh at the family first election ploy in a province where there is the highest rate of child poverty. .

I didn't realize Brad Wall had a family first election ploy.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.3865776

if you google child poverty it seems that there are "poverty advocates" in almost every province claiming their province holds the title of "worst province" for child poverty. Of course, they want this title to increase funding, but it just goes to show how abstract and non-conclusive this metric really is.

Here's Toronto making a case that they are number one, and by extension Ontario I guess:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/11/14 ... 63570.html

So is BC number one? Who knows???
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#183015

Notley has some guts all right, coming to BC, the land of the loony eco-nut, posting anti-pipeline messages on Facebook using their I-Phones made from oil. This part of the above story really grabbed my attention:

Notley met with provincial NDP Leader John Horgan while in B.C., but the two leaders of the same political party disagree on the pipeline as Horgan opposes the expansion.

Horgan is such a massive bone-head.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

Don't forget that Christy is also a massive bone head, and a fraud among other things... Sure Wish we could have have Brad Wall
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

jayro wrote:Don't forget that Christy is also a massive bone head, and a fraud among other things... Sure Wish we could have have Brad Wall

Yes, Brad Wall would be miles ahead of either of our two options. I would love to see Brad Wall take on that whacko city council in Vancouver. What a sight that would be.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”