maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

The polls

Post by maryjane48 »

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: The polls

Post by Urban Cowboy »

If there's one thing people should have learned by now, whether provincial or federal, the only poll that matters is the one on election day.

I'm fairly certain Adrian Dix can vouch for that.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

but its some fun to watch . the federal election last time followed the polls pretty close in results . im sure harper could agree to that
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The NDP were ahead by five points in the final poll before the 2013 election but they lost by about five points. Polls in BC have never been that accurate. Way back when, people didn't like admitting that they were voting Social Credit but WAC Bennett kept winning election after election for twenty years. So I agree with Old Techie. The only poll that counts is the one on election day and before May 9th we have an entire election campaign that will unfold. That campaign will be critical this time as it was in 2013.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

There is only one poll that counts votes that are counted after the election. People like mj look at polls to feel good because the ndp has no platform that most bc people can vote for. [icon_lol2.gif]
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yes i will feel great helping boot out corruption . :130:
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Urbane wrote:The NDP were ahead by five points in the final poll before the 2013 election but they lost by about five points. Polls in BC have never been that accurate. Way back when, people didn't like admitting that they were voting Social Credit but WAC Bennett kept winning election after election for twenty years. So I agree with Old Techie. The only poll that counts is the one on election day and before May 9th we have an entire election campaign that will unfold. That campaign will be critical this time as it was in 2013.

Yeah then Adrian Dix opened his mouth and pooooffff. Had he not done that it would have been a much closer race and who knows, maybe the smiling Photo ops queen would be toast and we would have had a new batch of miscreants to vote for this time. Lots going on with the liberals this election as there was the last time but lets see if the NDP have learned anything. I'm not a fan of Horgan and I really don't think much of Ms. Photo Ops either. MIght take a couple of elections to get rid of them both but god knows they both need to go as well as a number of boat anchors on both sides of the floor that have been their far too long.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

This poll certainly isn't good news for Clark or for most other premiers as well:

Only one premier across Canada has seen an increase in approval rating, according to pollster Angus Reid.

In B.C., as the May 9 provincial election approaches, BC Liberal Premier Christy Clark's positive momentum has screeched to a halt.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#192591

If I had been advising Christy Clark I would have told her to get rid of corporate and union donations. Our economy is strong but there is a "kick the bums out" sentiment in North America. Many voters are seeing Clark as one of those bums and this election could go either way.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

BC polls tends to be a big joke, only poll I pay attention to is election day.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

An NDP supporter telling a pollster they are voting NDP is useless, as time and again they've proven they can't put the bong down long enough to make it to a voting booth.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

There is a very strange anomaly in BC.

The polls appear to be tilting in the NDP’s favor. But what will happen ? The Liberals with their ample war chest will start the negative ads, reminding the electorate of all the bad things the NDP did, I’ll bet decade before.

The Liberals got lots of traction during the 2013 election campaign reminding the BC electorate that Dix back dated a memo when he was Glen Clark's Chief of Staff, in 1999 before he was an even an elected official.

The back dated memo, played very well for the Liberals, as did an allegation that Dix failed to purchase a ticket for Sky Train.

Ironically, the fact that during the 2001 election campaign, leader Gordon Campbell promised not to sell BC Rail, then upon forming government sold BC Rail, seems to be forgotten. As did the scandal involving aides Basi and Virk who leaked bid information on BC Rail. They were paid $6 million of our money to plead guilty. (hush money ?) They then got the severe penalty of being "grounded" for two years.

How about the 2009 budget tabled by the Liberals claiming a $495 million deficit that ballooned into a $2.8 billion deficit, or during the 2009 election campaign the Liberals guarantee that the HST “was not even on the radar”, months after winning the election, implementation of the HST was announced.

Or decimating BC Hydro, or selling our rivers in the "Run of River" program, where we guarantee to pay for generated electricity at more than the going rate, during seasons when BC Hydro is releasing excess water because they have more electricity than they need ????

So what will we hear this time. "Oh those NDP when they were in power they did..... they did that..... they.... The NDP haven't been in power since the Liberals took over in 2001.

How much you want to bet, that all the most recent crimes committed by the Liberal will be forgotten or "is old news", "that was [so and so] he's not even in the party now", but the NDP, look what happened last time !!!! (17 years ago).

Interesting.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:An NDP supporter telling a pollster they are voting NDP is useless, as time and again they've proven they can't put the bong down long enough to make it to a voting booth.

Oh I'm making to the voting booth alright. No bong involved either. Afterall, if I don't cancel out Rwede's vote, who will?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

I will , just incase you get into a car accident or something.

FYI : I'm one of those idiots who didn't vote last time , won't make that mistake again.
Probably a good thing I didn't vote , as I hadn't done any research first , so would have voted Liberal. ( search my posts from 2013 if you don't believe me )

Guarantee : will vote for someone other than Crooked Christy's gang this time.

There was only a 4% difference in the popular vote last time , not going to happen again. ( and Christy knows it , based on the 1.5 Billion in vote buying promises she has made in the last 6 weeks)
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Whichever way things go.....I will be happy to see an increase in voter turnout (if it happens).
People who whine about politics and can't even be bothered to get off their *bleep* and vote. :-X
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

gordon_as wrote:I will , just incase you get into a car accident or something.

FYI : I'm one of those idiots who didn't vote last time , won't make that mistake again.
Probably a good thing I didn't vote , as I hadn't done any research first , so would have voted Liberal. ( search my posts from 2013 if you don't believe me )

Guarantee : will vote for someone other than Crooked Christy's gang this time.

There was only a 4% difference in the popular vote last time , not going to happen again. ( and Christy knows it , based on the 1.5 Billion in vote buying promises she has made in the last 6 weeks)

UMMMMM :200: Thanks, I think. But then who is going to cancel out Gone_Fishin'? So we'd better both be around, K?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”