What does the NDP have to commit to

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
jayro
Fledgling

Re: What does the NDP have to commit to

Post by jayro »

The Clark gang looses and a new government :D :D :D .............I like that. Hopefully people wake up and realize enough is enough.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

oh i think people have woken up . clark was in kamloops and in the comment section for the story wow lol. the comments against clark is amazing .
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

I've heard some of the NDP promises. I only have one question - how do they plan on funding all their "great ideas"? Remove tolls = higher taxes. Free daycare = higher taxes. More money for .... = higher taxes.

It's like they have a Visa card with a $2,000 limit, they're going to spend $1,500 a month and pay $100.00 a month. That doesn't do well in the long term.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Tony wrote:I've heard some of the NDP promises. I only have one question - how do they plan on funding all their "great ideas"? Remove tolls = higher taxes. Free daycare = higher taxes. More money for .... = higher taxes.

It's like they have a Visa card with a $2,000 limit, they're going to spend $1,500 a month and pay $100.00 a month. That doesn't do well in the long term.

The same way the Lieberals are paying for their promises. Raid ICBC and BC Hydro coffers then raise rates.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

they could sell pot :130:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 15th, 2017, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

maryjane48 wrote:to get you to vote for them . lets keep this thread to positive ideas or suggestions :130:

That's a real mind bender. Right up there with 'what would a pathological liar have to say to convince you that they were telling you the truth?'

No amount of campaign obfuscation can disquise the true nature of the NDP, so their only hope is to think (?) up some innovative ways to make the Liberals seem even less palatable than they are: like inventing allegations (from unnamed sources) that the BC Liberals are secretly planning to replace Christy Clark with Kathleen Wynne. Devastating! :200:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well lets explore what you think the ndp stand for . i myself dont back partys i boot them out . kinda like a political crimefighter if you will :smt045

lets start off with what i have observed what they do not stand for

well out the gates they dont stand for letting mining companies dump toxic water in other wise clean healthy lakes .

they dont seem to stand for putting public lies out in the world then when caught in the lies , wont retracts the lie and cause people to be dead .

and i certainly dont see them standing for taking in political donations from iran ot whereever like clark does .

i must also mention they dont seem to stand for taking 150 million plus tax money and burning it up over ideological fantasies instead of putting that money into education .

i could go on but now its your turn , what uin your mind does ndp stand for ?
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

In voting against, rather than for a party, most of us are part of a majority which is comfortable letting other people run the province. Should we feel guilty about not getting out there, joining a party, helping to formulate policy, knocking on doors and donating our money to the cause? Oh, well.

Other, more motivated (self interested?) people have given us a choice between voting for one party which will serve the business community and another which will primarily serve the interests of public employees and their union overlords. Most likely, neither will act in the best interests of the general population unless it happens to coincide with the agenda of the people who pay the bills and do the work of getting their party elected.

Private enterprise is better served by maintaining an accommodating business environment under the Liberals, while those in our large and growing public sector are eager to see their champion return to power and start signing generous labor contracts (which would have to be rolled back by the next government.)

Election chatter about who loves children and small animals more, or has the deepest reverence for the environment, or will best care for the disadvantaged, are distractions (no party has a monopoly on compassion) from what is really a fairly straightforward binary choice.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

union jobs are goid paying jobs. i never fathom why anyone would be against good paying jobs :skippingsheep:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:union jobs are goid paying jobs. i never fathom why anyone would be against good paying jobs :skippingsheep:

I have absolutely no problem with private sector unions, public sector is whole different story. They tend to believe the taxpayers are endless money tree.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

maryjane48 wrote:union jobs are goid paying jobs. i never fathom why anyone would be against good paying jobs :skippingsheep:

It's a real puzzler. I'd like a $750,000 per annum job in Hawaii as the official Annoyance in Residence, but something tells me that their commitment to creating good paying jobs just wouldn't be up to the challenge. :cry:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:well lets explore what you think the ndp stand for .

High taxes, economic destruction, stupid policies introduced to solve imaginary problems, high unemployment, union puppets, disgusting corruption. The NDP stands for atrophy and the equal suffering of all.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jayro
Fledgling

Post by jayro »

I agree with some of your points but you are exaggerating a little bit. Of course we will see corruption under the NDP but not to the same extent that we are currently experiencing under the BC liberals. Under the NDP I also fear job losses and probably higher deficits and they do have some really stupid ideas, However on the plus side I don't think we'll see higher taxes. They
are campaigning to make life more affordable something we desperately need in this province. I'm not supporting the NDP I just feel they are the lesser of the evils. I am Voting against the BC liberals (and the Greens).
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

jayro wrote: Of course we will see corruption under the NDP but not to the same extent that we are currently experiencing under the BC liberals.

You are right. It will be far far worse.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”