Profile: John Horgan

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
logicalview
Guru

Profile: John Horgan

Post by logicalview »

Last edited by ferri on Apr 15th, 2017, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
Not afraid to say "It".
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Profile: John Horgan

Post by ferri »

*You beat me by 30 seconds. I just came to post this. :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

John Horgan seems like a nice enough fellow. If he belonged to a different party that had different policies he might be someone who I could support. Trouble is, if he tried to move more toward the centre the knives would come out for him quickly. We all know what happened to Carole James and to Mike Harcourt before her. Anyway, when I hear Horgan saying nice things about the Leap Manifesto and vowing to bring in his own Leap Manifesto it tells me that he's not interested in moving to the centre at all.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Yes he is in his own fatasey world , no common sense world bad for bc. :130:
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

You really believe Jim Shepherd's false fearmongering? He tells the truth about as often as Christy Clark does. (She's now on version #3 about her recollection of the Health Firings!!) [icon_lol2.gif]
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:You really believe Jim Shepherd's false fearmongering? He tells the truth about as often as Christy Clark does. (She's now on version #3 about her recollection of the Health Firings!!) [icon_lol2.gif]
It's not Jim Shepherd on video saying that he doesn't disagree with the bulk of the Leap Manifesto and that he'll bring in his own Leap Manifesto. It's John Horgan, himself, in the flesh, in his own words.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

flamingfingers wrote:You really believe Jim Shepherd's false fearmongering? He tells the truth about as often as Christy Clark does. (She's now on version #3 about her recollection of the Health Firings!!) [icon_lol2.gif]

Horgon said it himself, we've all seen the video.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

And what Horgan said immediately after that was cut out and ignored!!!
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:And what Horgan said immediately after that was cut out and ignored!!!
So far John Horgan won't tell us what he means by "the bulk of it." How come? I think he's trying to appeal to the radical environmentalists within the NDP because the Greens are polling well. Here's what Jim Shepard has to say:

Fact: If the NDP’s Leap Manifesto were to phase out the non-renewable resource sector today it would eliminate almost 30,000 direct jobs and 60,000 indirect jobs across B.C. Source: B.C. Budget, B.C. Stats

The other indisputable fact is that John Horgan has not been specific on what parts of the NDP’s Leap Manifesto he seeks to implement as part of his support for “the bulk” of it. I’m simply asking Mr. Horgan to better inform British Columbians on his plans by announcing the immediate measures he will put in place should he become premier.
http://vancouversun.com/opinion/letters ... -manifesto
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Jim Shepard is not a credible person to give 'facts'......
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

flamingfingers wrote:Jim Shepard is not a credible person to give 'facts'......

When it comes to politics is anyone credible?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Jim Shepard is not a credible person to give 'facts'......
He's asking a very good question of John Horgan and Horgan is tongue-tied. Again, I think Horgan wants people like you to tell everyone that he's not in favour of the Leap Manifesto while letting the radicals in his party know that he does in fact support the bulk of it. We have him on video saying what he did but if he wants to clarify his remarks that would be helpful. That's what Jim Shepard is asking him to do and you yourself said that we should ask Horgan what he meant. No answer yet though. Again, how come? You suggested we ask Horgan what he meant but he hasn't answered.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

ferri wrote:*You beat me by 30 seconds. I just came to post this. :)

Were you late because you were barfing? :)
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

His party's view on Site C, for real.

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Deja vu all over again?

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”