Greens/Weaver May Prop Up Liberals

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Greens/Weaver May Prop Up Liberals

Post by George+ »

So...Urbane.... You believe Weaver would prop up the Liberals.

I can see many Greens switching to the NDP as soon as they hear this.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:

why?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The worst election choices, if we can call them that, EVER.

Greens might support Liberals.
Conservatives here encouraging people to vote Green Party, in every thread.
If one admits one is planning to vote NDP the Green Barbarian is taking a closer look at his Christmas card list.

I"m voting the BC Conservative Party. I swear to God this is the only way to go.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Another one for chuck . Rite on queenie
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

I am voting for the party that has the biggest loss. Then I can say see I told you so, because who ever wins is only going to screw things up worse then they are.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Go Chuck.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:So...Urbane.... You believe Weaver would prop up the Liberals.

At the televised debate Weaver talked about the party holding the greatest number of seats having the first chance to form a government. It sounds as if he would respect the will of the people. Are you opposed to that?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Urbane wrote:. Are you opposed to that?

Of course the NDP is. It would mean they couldn't grab power despite not having enough seats. You know, the lazy way to grab power. The only real way the NDP know how to grab power.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Urbane wrote:. Are you opposed to that?

Of course the NDP is. It would mean they couldn't grab power despite not having enough seats. You know, the lazy way to grab power. The only real way the NDP know how to grab power.

Weaver's view on the NDP's fear mongering..................
"The argument about the vote split is a form of voter suppression," said Weaver, a scientist who has taught at the University of Victoria. "It's actually a very clever tactic, because what it does is rile up the (party) base and it turns off everybody else. But if people vote for what they want, we know we can win."

Weaver said the Greens' refusal to accept political donations from corporations and unions appeals to voters who hear the NDP and Liberals "argue over who is the least bought off."
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”