Will money and arrogance cost Christy Clark the election?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Will money and arrogance cost Christy Clark the election

Post by George+ »

Of course you don't get global warming and the need for change.
You don't want to, despite what stares you in the face each day.

Hot enough for ya? Flooding destroying homes okey with you? Hundreds of examples.
Try the US tornado alley to live?

I still do not see...."piles of birds" and no evidence what caused the dead, single bird.

I suspect Site C will be put on hold shortly along with Kinder Morgan.
While we seriously look at alternatives and even TRY some.

The times they are a changin!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We are way off thread topic but believe me George, wind farms are killing off birds. It's not that GB is wrong, he's right: it's that all of it has downsides. That is a whole thread right there.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Queen K wrote:We are way off thread topic but believe me George, wind farms are killing off birds. It's not that GB is wrong, he's right: it's that all of it has downsides. That is a whole thread right there.

no he is not right . i posted a story from california where they were hav8ng some bird strikes but have now for some time figured out how to keep it to low numbers . besides gb supports the grizzly trophy hunt . thats 10 times more disgusting
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:Of course you don't get global warming and the need for change.
You don't want to, despite what stares you in the face each day.

Nothing is staring me in the face George. As for "the need for change", this is a total load of malarkey. There has to be a cost/benefit done. Does putting millions of people out of work solve anything? Does making everyone return to the stone age solve anything? NOPE

Hot enough for ya? Flooding destroying homes okey with you? Hundreds of examples.
Try the US tornado alley to live?

This is complete fear-mongering garbage. Tornadoes and floods happened well before Al Gore fooled you into thinking that weather and climate are affected by man. You have just bought into the stupidity and the fear mongering because the "cures" to these imaginary problems coincide with your personal confirmation bias.

I still do not see...."piles of birds" and no evidence what caused the dead, single bird.

This is such a giant load of horse crap. Shame on you, and shame on every single other hypocrite out there that claims to be an "environmentalist" and yet turns a blind eye to the horrible damage that wind farms do to the environment and to birds. Just disgusting.

Barclay’s research, begun in 2006, uncovered the surprising fact that migrating bats are much more likely than birds to be killed by wind turbines.

Thanks to their sonar bats can detect solid structures, but they cannot detect the changing air pressure that causes bleeding in their lungs. Birds’ lungs are able to withstand the pressure change.

Barclay’s groundbreaking research took place at Transalta’s Summerview wind farm near Pincher Creek in 2005. When the company noticed bat carcasses under the turbines, it asked Barclay to do a study.

Barclay and his team found 20 to 30 dead bats per turbine. But that number was cut almost in half when Transalta decided not run the turbines when the wind was low and bats are most active, he said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... bat-expert

I suspect Site C will be put on hold shortly along with Kinder Morgan.

And if so, these will be incredibly stupid acts, conducted by incredibly stupid people.

The times they are a changin!

But for the whole lot worse, and all in the name of a fairy tale.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”