Clark flies to flooding

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Clark flies to flooding

Post by lasnomadas »

Good grief, does the woman have no shame? Bad enough she trots around pretending to be Wonder Woman on her way to slay the big, bad Donald, but to spend our tax dollars on a private jet and her usual entourage for another useless photo-op is more than any normal British Columbian should have to take.

Looks like the guy without the sunglasses enjoyed the visit anyway. :biggrin:
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Clark flies to flooding

Post by alfred2 »

lasnomadas wrote:Good grief, does the woman have no shame? Bad enough she trots around pretending to be Wonder Woman on her way to slay the big, bad Donald, but to spend our tax dollars on a private jet and her usual entourage for another useless photo-op is more than any normal British Columbian should have to take.

Looks like the guy without the sunglasses enjoyed the visit anyway. :biggrin:

what isyour problem, she is the premier that is her job, you have a warped :cuss: way of looking at things.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

And if she didn't fly and look/visit the areas, then you would have posted something negative about that also..... damned if you do......
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We wouldn't want her to do the job we hired her for now would we!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. What's a premier to do?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

She did nothing to prevent this flood! Bring out the pitch forks!
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

Bsuds wrote:We wouldn't want her to do the job we hired her for now would we!

Wow, the lapdogs are sure out in full force on this thread.. we didn't hire her to rent a private jet to parachute in with her entourage of cameras and film crew so she could shake hands and say, looks like everything is under control and offer NO assistance.. What really surprises me though is she didn't don the hardhat and safety vest and pick up a Sand bag for the photo op, must have been too heavy..
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

vegas1500 wrote:And if she didn't fly and look/visit the areas, then you would have posted something negative about that also..... damned if you do......

A big Amen to that! :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Even Steven wrote:She did nothing to prevent this flood! Bring out the pitch forks!

Yeah I've been waiting for you know who, to start a thread blaming Clark for the rains and snow melt, that are causing the flooding.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

fluffy wrote:Damned if you do, damned if you don't. What's a premier to do?

Ignore the flaming crew, much like we try to do, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. :biggrin:
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Not blaming her for causing the rain and flooding, I did predict in a earlier comment that she would show up declare an "state of emergency", not because there is one, but to get that extra publicity and photo op just prior to the election.

Christy Clark must at least "appear" like she cares, it's all very good staging by her handlers, and acting on her part. Well played. :130:
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

As has already been stated, and rightly so, if she hadn't gone there, you and a couple of others would be on a thread complaining about how she can't be bothered to attend to her duties.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Ooh.......I touched a nerve again. Surprise, surprise. Don't think for a moment, Christy fans, that I would complain if she didn't show up there. The way I and any reasonable British Columbian sees it is, if she's not part of the solution, she's part of the problem. Get serious about lowering GHG emissions in this province rather than plowing ahead on more bitumen pipelines to the coast and a white elephant that you think is one day going to provide power to your non-existent LNG projects. Failing that, Christy, you can just fly your private jet all over the B.C. interior, and start carrying sandbags to all the flooded areas.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote: Get serious about lowering GHG emissions in this province

Why? Even if the fairy tale you believe in about man-made climate change has some merit, what good would it do to kill thousands of jobs? Would it have even the effect of a mouse-fart on the world's CO2 emissions? No! But of course, you don't care about that. It's all about the mantra, not the results or reality.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Don't start! Stay on topic.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”