Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
dryder

Re: Mayors endorse Letnick

Post by dryder »

And Baker does it again. It's incredibly irresponsible for a sitting Mayor to endorse a provincial or federal candidate when they may well have to work with someone else!! He endorsed Cannan, who lost... doing a great disservice to Lake Country residents. And now the "old boys" network strikes again. He has inadvertently added to the argument for change!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... se-Letnick
EZGuy

Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by EZGuy »

So the article on Castanet should read DLC mayor and former mayor endorse Letnick rather than implying there are several mayors in the central Okanagan supporting the incumbent.

What is really stunning is that after 16 years of downloading loading from from the Liberal government to the municipalities mayor James and former mayor Grey still don't understand. The mayor of Port Coquitlam recently voted against that city's own proposed budget due to downloading (google that one).

The Liberal government has decimated its own ministry of the environment in cost cutting measures. Now development in environmentally sensitive areas are dealt with by the land owners hired minions - no oversight from the Province except for warehousing reports from QEP's. Degradation of of our lake foreshore by rich land owners is rampant and the municipal planners don't have the time, resources or any real authority to deal with violations.

Having a heart attack, the municipal fire truck is going to respond first, not an ambulance, they are too busy (read understaffed). Firefighters are paid from the civic budget.

Geotechnical monitoring, such as alluvial fans at creek mouths, used to be a provincial issue. Now the municipality deals with it from the civic budget.

Think about the current flooding in our area - the creek beds are a provincial responsibility. I see good residents protecting their and neighbouring properties loading sandbags with sand provided from the city. Where is the Province nowhere unlesss the premier swoops in to award disaster relief at a photo op Oh right leaving that up to the civic budget.

The UBCM (Union of BC Municipalities) have complained for a decade about downloading from the Liberal government. Walter, thanks for the shameless plug for Norm. James, maybe it's time to go fishing.
H
I'm voting for change, hope you will too.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Norm was out filling sandbags yesterday . I'm no liberal . I'll tip my hat to Mr Letnick . . Good heart on him
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Mayors Endorse Letnick - Seriously?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

who should they have endorsed instead? The NDP is just plain awful. So they should have endorsed the Greens?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Change is good. As long as it's the Green party, given than anything else would not meet the definition of the term properly.

Liberals we have, and NDP well, been there done that. That wouldn't rightfully be called change, more like regression.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Yet more desperation coming from the BC Liberal camp. Honestly, if you think we can't see through your desperate attempts to hold onto power, you are even more clueless than I originally thought.

First thing I see when I log in today is the clapping of the trained seals when they read that the Vancouver Sun and Province editors are endorsing the BC Liberals (surprise, surprise!). Now it's the mayors endorsing that little guy with the black cowboy hat. How droll! (I wonder if Letnick knows that the black cowboy hat is always worn by the bad guy?)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

lasnomadas wrote:Yet more desperation coming from the BC Liberal camp. Honestly, if you think we can't see through your desperate attempts to hold onto power, you are even more clueless than I originally thought.

Wow - getting pretty personal there? There's desperation all right, and it sure sounds like it's the NDP who is desperate. Where is all of the cockiness we saw in 2013? I remember the days before the 2013 election all of the NDP lovers were crowing about their assured victory and were already talking about appointing transition teams (in fairness, Dix the dough-head had arrogantly appointed a guy to sit in Christy Clark's offices to begin planning the transition months before the election, so I guess they were just following the crappy example of their crappy leader). So where is the cockiness? I don't see it.

First thing I see when I log in today is the clapping of the trained seals when they read that the Vancouver Sun and Province editors are endorsing the BC Liberals (surprise, surprise!). Now it's the mayors endorsing that little guy with the black cowboy hat. How droll! (I wonder if Letnick knows that the black cowboy hat is always worn by the bad guy?)

So why aren't they endorsing the NDP? Could it possibly be the NDP's fault, and not these conspiracy theories you point to? Maybe Horgan and his US union buddies could have used some of that $600K to cost out a platform? Maybe spend a few bucks on Prozac so that Horgan didn't come across as an angry meat-head bully? I am just spit-balling here, but once again we see the NDP refusing to take any responsibility for their shoddy election performance. On Wednesday, if the NDP lose (and it sure seems like with the Kinder Morgan admission they have essentially given up) I'll bring up the thread again about who the NDP will blame this time for their loss. My money is definitely not on "The NDP". And once again, they will have learned NOTHING.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

So, what you're basically saying is that you haven't read Castanet's interview with Horgan. are you afraid of what you might learn?
Norm Letnick.......seriously? What kind of Mayors do they have up there, anyway?
KevinJP
Fledgling

Post by KevinJP »

Endorsements don't work for me. If I don't support Baker, then by extension, I won't support Letnick.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:So, what you're basically saying is that you haven't read Castanet's interview with Horgan. are you afraid of what you might learn?
    Norm Letnick.......seriously? What kind of Mayors do they have up there, anyway?
If insults win elections then the NDP will win on Tuesday. If it's more about things like the economy it might not turn out well for you.
drifter53

Post by drifter53 »

Letnick, as did all liberals, lie too the people of the Provence about the implementation of the H.S.T. If he is willing to lie about increasing taxes, what else is he willing to lie about?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Norm Letnick is a great cheerleader for the Lieberals
With his ridiculous cowboy hat.
He simply parrots every Liberal party line.
Steve Thomson at least thinks a little.

There...now the NDP will win for sure.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Norm Letnick is a great cheerleader for the Lieberals
    With his ridiculous cowboy hat.
    He simply parrots every Liberal party line.
    Steve Thomson at least thinks a little.

There...now the NDP will win for sure.
Why is his cowboy hat an issue?? Seriously, I don't understand the emphasis on things like how Christy Clark dresses or whether or not Norm Letnick wears a cowboy hat. It's easy to see why the NDP has lost four straight elections.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

It is not an issue..it just looks plain dumb on him.

NDP really piling it up now.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

Jflem1983 wrote:Norm was out filling sandbags yesterday . I'm no liberal . I'll tip my hat to Mr Letnick . . Good heart on him

was basaran out filling sandbags yesterday or is he to scared to mess up his manicured nails?

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”