Clark says no to trail bypass

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Clark says no to trail bypass

Post by lasnomadas »

Here we have a Premier who is going against her own Transportation Minister in a desperate attempt to save a few votes in West Kelowna.

BC Liberal Party - the party of "Nooooooo!"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Clark says no to trail bypass

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I realize that desperation is sinking in super-fast over at NDP HQ, but could you at least put a link in with your NDP propaganda so we know if this is an actual story or just made-up nonsense from the Tyee or one of your blogs?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Typical ^^^^ At this point it seems your party of choice is largely reliant on your inability to discern fact from fiction.

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelow ... ail-bypass
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Desperation is her promising to nix the proposed bypass if she wins, days before the election.
Did she just realize that there are over twenty thousand signatures against the idea?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I realize that desperation is sinking in super-fast over at NDP HQ, but could you at least put a link in with your NDP propaganda so we know if this is an actual story or just made-up nonsense from the Tyee or one of your blogs?
The bypass was simply one of the options that the Ministry was considering and after negative public feedback that option has now been taken off the table. I've seen nothing to indicate that the Minister of Transportation endorsed the bypass plan.
https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... ail-bypass
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

I have not seen anything to indicate that it is now off the table because of negative public feedback. If there was why would CC be promising to cancel the proposal if she wins?
Last edited by fall on May 8th, 2017, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

fall wrote:I have not seen anything to indicate that it is off the table, if there was why would CC be promising to cancel the proposal if she wins?

Read the Castanet article. Just click on the link in my post. Here it is again: https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... ail-bypass
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

It does not say that it's off the table unless she wins.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

lasnomadas wrote:Here we have a Premier who is going against her own Transportation Minister in a desperate attempt to save a few votes in West Kelowna.

BC Liberal Party - the party of "Nooooooo!"

Todd Stone never endorsed any route.

His staff was tasked to come up with options, and the public didn't like this one so the Liberals have vowed not to use it.

Seems when politicians listen to the people in their ridings and act according to their constituents' wishes, you have a problem with that.

Lotsa "just wow" when a person sits back and looks at it.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

fall wrote:It does not say that it's off the table unless she wins.

No kidding.

Stop and think about that.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Drip_Torch wrote:Typical ^^^^ At this point it seems your party of choice is largely reliant on your inability to discern fact from fiction.

asking for a link causes this response? Or were you responding to the post above mine?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

It does seem quite desperate announcing her position on this issue days before the election. She knows there are 9000 BC signatures against this and is bribing people.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Rwede wrote:
    Todd Stone never endorsed any route.

His staff was tasked to come up with options, and the public didn't like this one so the Liberals have vowed not to use it.

Seems when politicians listen to the people in their ridings and act according to their constituents' wishes, you have a problem with that.

Lotsa "just wow" when a person sits back and looks at it.
Absolutely right! The premier clearly states that the bypass has been removed from consideration. It was just an option, the public didn't like it, and it's gone. My wife and I attended the open house and expressed our opinion that the bypass was a bad idea. As it turned out we're with the overwhelming majority who agree. And the premier has now nixed the option. End of story for the bypass except for those who apparently want the premier to go ahead and approve the bypass despite the wishes of the people. Go figure.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

It is just Clark playing petty pre election politics,
Again.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

fall wrote:It does seem quite desperate announcing her position on this issue days before the election. She knows there are 9000 BC signatures against this and is bribing people.
LOL. Desperation is certainly in the air but it's not coming from the premier.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”