BC Liberal Donation Scandal, RCMP Charges Laid?

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

BC Liberal Donation Scandal, RCMP Charges Laid?

Post by BeingHuman »

Looks like the RCMP will not be completing their investigation into the BC Liberal donation scandal before election day. Do you think charges will be laid when the RCMP completes their investigation?
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: BC Liberal Donation Scandal, RCMP Charges Laid?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BeingHuman wrote:Looks like the RCMP will not be completing their investigation into the BC Liberal donation scandal before election day. Do you think charges will be laid when the RCMP completes their investigation?

No
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

I, on the other hand, am not so sure that charges won't be laid. It is a given the BC Liberal Party has been taken over by the Neo-Cons, and this is the Neo-Con's track record when it comes to election fraud. Yup, that's Dean Del Mastro; this Federal Conservative actually sat on the House of Commons "Ethics" Committee. If I were a real dyed in wool BC Liberal, I would be distancing myself as far as possible from any Conservatives in that party... because when the dust settles, I think there will be some politicians going to jail over this donations scandal, IMO.

photo album upload
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

No!

Nice sleazy play on the title of the thread though slick.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Do you realize how transparent you are ?

"just asking questions huh?"

"Just asking questions is a way of attempting to make wild accusations acceptable (and hopefully not legally actionable) by framing them as questions rather than statements. It shifts the burden of proof to one's opponent — rather than laboriously having to prove that all politicians are reptoid scum, one can pull out one single odd piece of evidence and force the opponent to explain why the evidence is wrong."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Hassel99 wrote:Do you realize how transparent you are ?

"Just asking questions is a way of attempting to make wild accusations acceptable (and hopefully not legally actionable) by framing them as questions rather than statements. It shifts the burden of proof to one's opponent — rather than laboriously having to prove that all politicians are reptoid scum, one can pull out one single odd piece of evidence and force the opponent to explain why the evidence is wrong."

Yeah, old orange crush thinks adding a question mark, at the end of a slanderous statement, gives him a free pass.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Liberals just ignore or deny everything , and get a free pass.
Christy would look great in handcuffs just like those.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

So it looks like some of Christy's fan club are upset with the title of this discussion thread. I tried a number of times to come up with a more descriptive title, but the title ended up being too long. If you can come up with an appropriate title as short as mine (seven words or less) by all means post it, and I will edit the title.

My title includes the subject; "BC Liberal Donation Scandal", and includes the fact that I have a question.
Last edited by ferri on May 9th, 2017, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

It's noteworthy that a number of posters on here are avoiding issues like the economy, jobs, education outcomes etc. and are concentrating on issues (or in some cases faux-issues) that aren't on the list of voters' top priorities. It seems to me that the towel is being thrown in on the issues that voters see as the important ones and we get threads like this one.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

BeingHuman wrote:So it looks like some of Christy's fan club are upset with the title of this discussion thread. I tried a number of times to come up with a more descriptive title, but the title ended up being too long. If you geniuses can come up with an appropriate title as short as mine (seven words or less) by all means post it, and I will edit the title.

My title includes the subject; "BC Liberal Donation Scandal", and includes the fact that I have a question. Please show me another way to shorten it that won't hurt your precious feelings, or offend your delicate sensibilities!

Oh spare us. Now you're simply insulting our intelligence. :thumbsdown:

What you did was calculated plain and simple!

Fortunately for you I'm not a mod, as I would have nuked your lame effort in a heartbeat.

Pull the same stunt with a private person and you'd be facing a slander suit.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

gordon_as wrote:The Liberals just ignore or deny everything , and get a free pass.
    Christy would look great in handcuffs just like those.
I don't think that John Horgan would be impressed with a post like yours. I think he'd ask, "Who's side are you on?" Meanwhile, voters are looking at issues like the economy, jobs, education outcomes, and health care.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Interesting how the Christy Clark / BC Liberal fan club attempts to minimized such a serious situation here, and pretend it's not any election issue!

"The RCMP Federal Serious and Organized Crime section’s Sensitive Investigations Unit has opened up an investigation into Christy Clark and the BC Liberal Party."

http://www.chlpa.com/2017/03/16/rcmp-fe ... ral-party/
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

BeingHuman wrote:Interesting how the Christy Clark / BC Liberal fan club attempts to minimized such a serious situation here, and pretend it's not any election issue!

"The RCMP Federal Serious and Organized Crime section’s Sensitive Investigations Unit has opened up an investigation into Christy Clark and the BC Liberal Party."

http://www.chlpa.com/2017/03/16/rcmp-fe ... ral-party/

Did you just link the CHLPA web forum admins opinion piece as your source?

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Hassel99 wrote:Do you realize how transparent you are ?

Oh course, the classic is: do you still beat your wife? But, "raising the question" isn't a form of deception when there actually is a question.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... e34266086/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4019600

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... e34424319/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/bri ... e34492341/

Old Techie wrote:Pull the same stunt with a private person and you'd be facing a slander suit.

Oh big deal... If you haven't experienced some pinhead attempting to intimidate you, with at least a SLAPP action, you're probably spending your days towing a line, and haven't said, or done anything worthwhile in your life.

The best defence in a defamation suit is; it's the truth. The second best is; it's my opinion and I clearly stated it as such.

A matter of public interest also works and seems to fit this thread just fine. Will the RCMP investigation result in the special prosecutor proceeding with charges? In my opinion there isn't enough information, at this point in time, to speculate.

ETA: "and thus, the question remains"
Last edited by Drip_Torch on May 8th, 2017, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Yes Hassel99; I used the CHLPA website, just goes to show how widespread the awareness is of this RCMP Federal Serious and Organized Crime section’s Sensitive Investigations Unit's "deep" and "thorough" probing of BC Liberal Party donations is. I hope they probe really deep because there is no way the BC Liberals should have that much donated money coming out of their collective waazoo's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oftjwYmlfoA

:up:

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”