Media Manipulation of Election.

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Media Manipulation of Election.

Post by Urbane »

The document that was sent to you says this:

They say the first version was a mistake.

Maybe.

The writer is certainly making an implication but you say:

Pathetic that they manipulated polls just to make
themselves look good.

If they did this for the NDP you would be screaming!

What was said in the document that you were sent, and posted on here, is borderline but what you said is libel. Unless you can provide proof that the figures were manipulated. I've asked you and you can't so now all you're doing is continuing to dig.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Twisting.

Sorry, guess I should have said to make the Lieberals look good.

But that is not possible.

You have a strange way of looking at things.
Especially after you say " end of story."
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Enough for me for the night and this election.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Disgusting thread.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The truth hurts ?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:The truth hurts ?

Yeah that's why George is leaving. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

listenning to the Global tv coverage of the election i noticed that in the mention of one surrey riding i believe, the host said that 'it was a final count, all mail in and advance ballots had been counted', wich seemed ridiculous, and a few minutes later the same host or one beside him said 'no results are final for 10 days, after mail in and advance ballots are counted'.

so sure, they contradicted themselves, and we can see published many places that the results are not final until some date in the future, but...

last time around, in waiting for the final numbers, it turned out that those 'advance and mail in ballots' never increased the numbers that were published election night. that can be verified via a number of threads here in this forum.

so, we have numbers published today, will the 'final' numbers be any different.

why is it the 'media' cannot seem to report truthfully and/or accurately on this subject?
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:listenning to the Global tv coverage of the election i noticed that in the mention of one surrey riding i believe, the host said that 'it was a final count, all mail in and advance ballots had been counted', wich seemed ridiculous, and a few minutes later the same host or one beside him said 'no results are final for 10 days, after mail in and advance ballots are counted'.

so sure, they contradicted themselves, and we can see published many places that the results are not final until some date in the future, but...

last time around, in waiting for the final numbers, it turned out that those 'advance and mail in ballots' never increased the numbers that were published election night. that can be verified via a number of threads here in this forum.

so, we have numbers published today, will the 'final' numbers be any different.

why is it the 'media' cannot seem to report truthfully and/or accurately on this subject?

Absentee votes have not yet been counted. The Elections BC website describes these as votes cast by people in remote camps, hospitals, etc., sometimes by mail. As I understand it, these are in envelopes, and the voter needs to be verified before the votes are counted.

With only 9 votes separating first and second place in one riding, Courtenay-Comox, it's numerically possible the frontrunner could be bumped. If (and that's a big "if") this happens, the Liberals would end up with 44 seats.

Does anyone know of other ridings where the vote's that close before the absentee votes are counted? I didn't spot any.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

Assuming the preliminary count holds up, the outcome of the election is a hung parliament (sometimes called a minority parliament), meaning that no single party has a majority of seats. Under BC’s parliamentary system of government, elections determine the composition of the Legislative Assembly; they do not determine the composition of the government. It is up to the Legislative Assembly to determine whether Clark can continue to govern with a minority. Reporting that the election has resulted in a minority government is therefore not at all accurate.

Clark’s people can be expected to try to exploit the public’s unfamiliarity with situations of this type and rule out the various constitutional alternatives by portraying them as illegitimate. In this situation, the media need to be mindful of their responsibilities.

By reporting that the election has yielded a Liberal minority government, journalists risk fostering the mistaken impression that a Liberal minority government is more democratically legitimate than the alternatives. Such a false impression would be uniquely politically advantageous to the governing party. That makes it especially important for the media to take great care with the constitutional accuracy of their reporting on the election result and aftermath.

https://stephentweedale.wordpress.com/2 ... overnment/
Attachments
mediamanipulation.jpg
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

How might that final count play out?

Elections BC doesn't know yet how many absentee votes are to be counted in Courtenay-Comox, where NDP candidate Ronna-Rae Leonard has been declared winner — by a very narrow margin.

Courtenay-Comox heading to recount with 9-vote spread
There were 1,856 of them in Comox Valley in 2013, when the NDP received 780 to 712 for the Liberals.

However, this time the Liberal candidate is Jim Benninger, the former Base Commander of CFB Comox. It stands to reason that many of those absentee votes will come from Benninger's former co-workers who were on assignment during the campaign.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4107822
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

The media anchors on Global crumbled and temporarily lost their professionalism in my opinion.
They were caught off guard and stuttering like idiots.
Their tone and enthusiasm sure changed halfway through.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Fancy wrote:
How might that final count play out?

Elections BC doesn't know yet how many absentee votes are to be counted in Courtenay-Comox, where NDP candidate Ronna-Rae Leonard has been declared winner — by a very narrow margin.

Courtenay-Comox heading to recount with 9-vote spread
There were 1,856 of them in Comox Valley in 2013, when the NDP received 780 to 712 for the Liberals.

However, this time the Liberal candidate is Jim Benninger, the former Base Commander of CFB Comox. It stands to reason that many of those absentee votes will come from Benninger's former co-workers who were on assignment during the campaign.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4107822

Absentee ballots are also used by people in hospital.

Perhaps that's why absentee ballots generally tend to favour the NDP?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 10th, 2017, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 10th, 2017, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 10th, 2017, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”