Polls show BCers want NDP in drivers seat

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Polls show BCers want NDP in drivers seat

Post by Rwede »

mr.bandaid wrote:We did just have a poll called an election and it was inconclusive. No clear winner as of today.

The winner is the party who got the most seats and the most votes.

I know, I know, math is hard.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Rwede wrote:
mr.bandaid wrote:We did just have a poll called an election and it was inconclusive. No clear winner as of today.

The winner is the party who got the most seats and the most votes.

I know, I know, math is hard.

And yet still does not control the legislature. I know, politics is hard to understand.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3458909/weave ... -reckless/

greens call bclibs wreckless . well if think if comes down to it who greens will back :130:
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Veovis wrote:We just had a poll called an election. It did not state the NDP were the ones desired, and it also showed people didn't want the Liberals either.

I think minority governments should be on a case by case basis however we do have a small fraction wielding too much power in this instance. The greens can cause an election by making insane demands, I hope they don't but they might.

I too fear this scenario. Considering the small number of people who voted for the Greens, it wouldn't be terribly democratic for them to have ALL the say on how this Province is run.

I hope the Greens wield their new found political influence sensibly BUT, if they don't, then another election will definitely be in order (much as I'd hate to see that happen).

I think it won't matter until the rest of the ballots are counted as it might not matter at all

Very true, and a fact that I think many have forgotten.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

maryjane48 wrote:http://globalnews.ca/news/3458909/weaver-says-greens-will-fight-pipeline-calls-clarks-liberals-reckless/

greens call bclibs wreckless . well if think if comes down to it who greens will back :130:

I don't see how the Greens can form a coalition with the Libs without losing a ton of credibility with many of their supporters. Because, despite Weaver's personal dislike for Horgan, it is the NDP's Platform that most closely lines up with the Green's Platform on what are perceived by many Green supporters to be the highest priority issues.

And if Weaver ignores that reality, he'll commit his Party to the political wilderness for many years to come.

However, as on many issues not involving the environment Weaver is a right leaning politician, I think he'll find it equally difficult to form a coalition with the NDP. Which is why I'm fairly certain he'll get his Party to vote "issue by issue" rather than formally joining forces with either of the other two Parties.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:
greens call bclibs wreckless .

I had heard they were good drivers. Thanks for confirming.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

mr.bandaid wrote:And yet still does not control the legislature. I know, politics is hard to understand.

No one controls the legislature.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
mr.bandaid wrote:And yet still does not control the legislature. I know, politics is hard to understand.

No one controls the legislature.

That was my point.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”