Go Christy....just GO!!

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Go Christy....just GO!!

Post by flamingfingers »

The May 9 election is almost a month ago; last week the NDP and the Greens agreed to mutual support for common issues. In other words, they are prepared to govern, albeit with a very slight majority. However, unless Christy Clark calls the legislature back into session tomorrow (2-weeks notice required) she will be seen to be clinging to power and disrespecting the will of the people. It's time for her to display some dignity, respect for her office and step down gracefully.

Clark and her colleagues ignore political reality and by frustrating the will of citizens, they put at risk the continued viability of the Liberal Party in BC. Justin Trudeau and his 17 British Columbia MPs ought to take note.

https://in-sights.ca/2017/06/05/the-peo ... -clark-go/
Attachments
go Christy. Just GO!.JPG
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Re: Go Christy....just GO!!

Post by LordEd »

Except for the whole speaker issue putting them into a tie, and then the speaker by convention supporting the government (ie the incombent liberals because they have not been defeated yet).

Or the speaker breaks convention and the ndp gets labeled for disrespecting government by ignoring decades of tradition for their own gain.

Or no government if no speaker and back to the polls because the incompetent ndp can't even nominate a speaker let alone run a government.

Or a green/ndp switch sides.

There is no reason to step down. There are too many active plays.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

LordEd wrote:Except for the whole speaker issue putting them into a tie, and then the speaker by convention supporting the government (ie the incombent liberals because they have not been defeated yet).

Or the speaker breaks convention and the ndp gets labeled for disrespecting government by ignoring decades of tradition for their own gain.

Or no government if no speaker and back to the polls because the incompetent ndp can't even nominate a speaker let alone run a government.

Or a green/ndp switch sides.

There is no reason to step down. There are too many active plays.

I also read that there's a deputy speaker also who customarily does not vote.

I agree at present there is no reason to step down, at least not until some of these questions are answered.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the NDP/Greens can force a Liberal to be speaker and deputy speaker. If that's true it seems they have a bit of a dilemma.

They'll at the very least have a challenge getting anything passed if it works out to be 43-43 with the deputy speaker yet to come out of the remainder.

Just sit back and watch how the NDP complain about Clark not conforming to normal protocol, then if they do get into power, turn right around and do things out of the norm themselves, as they'll need the deputy speakers vote to tie, and the speakers vote to win.

Really must go out and stock up on popcorn. :biggrin: :popcorn:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

flamingfingers wrote:last week the NDP and the Greens agreed to mutual support for common issues. In other words, they are prepared to govern, albeit with a very slight majority.

No, in other words, they are attempting to govern even though they don't have a mandate, and their views and policies are extremely stupid and involve killing thousands of jobs and billions of dollars of investment in the name of fairy tales and sheer stupidity. The NDP and the Greens just plain suck, and don't have a mandate to govern, at all.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I hope Christy forces Guichon to call another election right away. I'd love to see the BC Liberals spend the rest of their ill-gotten gains on another bunch of attack ads and 'infomercials' only to lose all their seats like they did when they were the Socreds. They will no doubt come back as the BC Conservative party as soon as they find another snake-oil salesman to lead them, but in the meantime, we'll have a government that will guide us into the 21st century at last.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

I think you mean the 18th century.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:I hope Christy forces Guichon to call another election right away. I'd love to see the BC Liberals spend the rest of their ill-gotten gains on another bunch of attack ads and 'infomercials' only to lose all their seats like they did when they were the Socreds. They will no doubt come back as the BC Conservative party as soon as they find another snake-oil salesman to lead them, but in the meantime, we'll have a government that will guide us into the 21st century at last.

You cling to your dream.

I on the other hand feel that at this point in time, now that Weaver has revealed he possesses no more integrity than any of the others, the Greens will be lucky to get back to one seat, and the Liberal defectors will come back.

People are already seeing investment unrest, jobs going down the drain, and needless lawsuits, and penalties for voided contracts adding up.

By now they've also come to realize, that there's no way on earth Horgan can follow through on his plans, without socking it to everyone from the middle class on up.

If they called another election tomorrow I think you'd be looking at a Liberal majority, but hopefully with someone other than Clark at the helm.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

LOL........you're stuck with Christy until one of the laws she's broken lands her in prison.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:LOL........you're stuck with Christy until one of the laws she's broken lands her in prison.

About as much chance of that happening as there is of you going to prison for slander.

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”