Mill Creek flooding, who cares?

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Mill Creek flooding, who cares?

Post by MAPearce »

So again I ask, why didn't the city deposit sand when residents first voiced concerns about flooding

Well Wally... Just like you tire of me repeating yourself , I grow weary of having too...

Why is this anyone else's responsibility but the people who bought homes there ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Looking at the pictures the pictures provided in another thread, there's plenty of people that didn't buy there but are affected none the less.

Too bad, I don't give a $&!? About them. I don't know them and it's their problem they chose to rent in a flood plain. Make your bed and lie in it. *bleep* you.
Why should I spend my tax payer dollars on you. You bring nothing to my life but, perhaps, serve me coffee, deliver the food stuffs from California, drive my kids to school, the teacher of the kids of my doctor, that had to leave early because their home was swamped is supposed to focus on me and my hypochondriac whining. *bleep* you.

You have nothing to contribute to my life said only the narrowest of minds.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

What_the wrote:Looking at the pictures the pictures provided in another thread, there's plenty of people that didn't buy there but are affected none the less.

Too bad, I don't give a $&!? About them. I don't know them and it's their problem they chose to rent in a flood plain. Make your bed and lie in it. *bleep* you.
Why should I spend my tax payer dollars on you. You bring nothing to my life but, perhaps, serve me coffee, deliver the food stuffs from California, drive my kids to school, the teacher of the kids of my doctor, that had to leave early because their home was swamped is supposed to focus on me and my hypochondriac whining. *bleep* you.

What a very odd post.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Read my sig. Landm said it best. :130:
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Odd and weird. I wish there was an unlike button
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
shelly01
Board Meister

Post by shelly01 »

Shame on you, City of Kelowna! It's your job to check these creeks and water sources and to make sure they are properly maintained and stabilized so when flooding occurs, damage and injury risk are reduced. Do something proactively and in advance, for a change! This isn't the first time flooding has occurred and it won't be the last. Throwing a pile of sand and few bags at people is not helping....do you know how much those things weigh, filled?! City of Kelowna, you issued those building permits....stop making these people fend for themselves.

To those of you affected, my heart goes out to you. What you are going through is not fair, and should not be happening.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

While I sympathize with all those affected with flooding, why do people insist on living right on the edge of the water and on a flood plane and then are shocked when they get flooded out?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GalaxyzAway

Post by GalaxyzAway »

What_the wrote:Too bad, I don't give a $&!? About them. I don't know them and it's their problem they chose to rent in a flood plain. Make your bed and lie in it. *bleep* you.

I hope you are aware that some of the most affordable rentals are located on and around pandosy.

Some people don't have the privilege of choosing where they rent.

I've never seen mill creek flood since I moved to Kelowna. Have some empathy for people who aren't as knowledgable as you apparently are on the subject.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

What_the wrote:Looking at the pictures the pictures provided in another thread, there's plenty of people that didn't buy there but are affected none the less.

this is a fed and provincial responsabilty . more so on clark for not setting up a flood prevention program . you know putting peolle to work and coming up with flood plans for areas most likly to flood because with global warming you get more moisture in the atmosphere .

the other white elephant is insurance companies being able to deny coverage with creative rules . that needs to changed . if they sold you coverage there should be no no compliance unless fraud is proved

Return to “Flooding 2017”