Do YOU need HELP ??

Graham Adder
Guru

Do YOU need HELP ??

Post by Graham Adder »

I'd like to offer my help in some capacity. I'm not sure where to go or what is needed.
I think a thread where people like myself can go to see where their help is needed would be of great benefit to those in dire need.
I have a vehicle that can be used to haul sandbags (empty or filled) to or from wherever needed.

What I don't want to do is drive to a sandbagging area to see five people standing around holding a coffee, while only two are actually bagging sand or doing anything physical. That's what I've seen on a few occasions now. I'm not into offering help, when it clearly isn't needed or appreciated.

So, if you live in a neighborhood that needs immediate help, post it here, so others can offer what they have to help.

Additionally, this thread should not be hard to find. It is.
This is an urgent matter in our immediate community and the thread pertaining to it should be front page of the forums, just as the fire watch thread is when it's required.

FLOODWATCH - brought to you by the same melon that initiated FireWatch. It's just commonsense.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Do YOU need HELP ??

Post by Jflem1983 »

Commonwealth road they need help I was there those morning . No provincial boys there . Just wet locals
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on May 12th, 2017, 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

The sandbagging stations all over the place would be the best bet for giving help when you don't have a specific person to help.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

My partner (in crime) and I went out last night BEFORE dark, and checked the sandbagging stations in our area. We checked them all down Mill Creek and even went to the Eldorado to see if there was anyone in need.

Castanet reported that baggers were busy until the last light, bagging and placing sand bags.
That was a crock of ripe dung.
There was not ONE person to be found at ANY of those stations. NOT ONE.
I said, "How serious is this, that Colin Crossdresser would issue a warning to people that we're headed for the worst flooding we've ever seen. Lend a hand and help thy neighbor, he said.
Cod, ham cheese and rice what a joke.

If my home were under threat, I'd be out there bagging sand until the threat was gone. Darkness isn't a reason to stop bagging sand if there is a real threat.
I'm going to enjoy my beer today, and take a restful weekend. Nobody needs my help. They're well prepared without my back aching.

The home on Lindahl was piled with sandbags last Saturday. Last night they had taken them all down. That's the house with a bridge over the creek as part of their driveway. I live a stone's throw from that home. I hope for their sake, we don't get the Basran Flood of 17, because they'll have a hard time getting the locals to pitch in again after seeing them remove the bags even after being told not to. Many if not most of the bags placed down Sutherland have also been removed.

If I lift my big fat *bleep* off the couch, I'll be headed for Commonwealth Road. Not my own neighborhood. Those people need the help. Those people will have a great appreciation for anyone willing to pitch in.

So, the advice of "just go to a pile of sand" might just as well say, "Just go pound sand."
I'm gonna pound some beer instead.

I'm left wondering who is profiting from this hype. Someone is making a killing, or they wouldn't be telling us all such a big lie.

Cheers all. Clink!
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Jflem1983 wrote:Commonwealth road they need help I was there those morning . No provincial boys there . Just wet locals

I was there today. They definitely have water issues. Likely going to find my way out there tonight or tomorrow morning.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Graham Adder wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Commonwealth road they need help I was there those morning . No provincial boys there . Just wet locals

I was there today. They definitely have water issues. Likely going to find my way out there tonight or tomorrow morning.

Had a few beers or I'd go with u . They really need the help. You are a good man
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Graham Adder wrote:My partner (in crime) and I went out last night BEFORE dark, and checked the sandbagging stations in our area. We checked them all down Mill Creek and even went to the Eldorado to see if there was anyone in need.

Castanet reported that baggers were busy until the last light, bagging and placing sand bags.
That was a crock of ripe dung.
There was not ONE person to be found at ANY of those stations. NOT ONE.
I said, "How serious is this, that Colin Crossdresser would issue a warning to people that we're headed for the worst flooding we've ever seen. Lend a hand and help thy neighbor, he said.
Cod, ham cheese and rice what a joke.

If my home were under threat, I'd be out there bagging sand until the threat was gone. Darkness isn't a reason to stop bagging sand if there is a real threat.
I'm going to enjoy my beer today, and take a restful weekend. Nobody needs my help. They're well prepared without my back aching.

The home on Lindahl was piled with sandbags last Saturday. Last night they had taken them all down. That's the house with a bridge over the creek as part of their driveway. I live a stone's throw from that home. I hope for their sake, we don't get the Basran Flood of 17, because they'll have a hard time getting the locals to pitch in again after seeing them remove the bags even after being told not to. Many if not most of the bags placed down Sutherland have also been removed.

If I lift my big fat *bleep* off the couch, I'll be headed for Commonwealth Road. Not my own neighborhood. Those people need the help. Those people will have a great appreciation for anyone willing to pitch in.

So, the advice of "just go to a pile of sand" might just as well say, "Just go pound sand."
I'm gonna pound some beer instead.

I'm left wondering who is profiting from this hype. Someone is making a killing, or they wouldn't be telling us all such a big lie.

Cheers all. Clink!

I know the house and the family lol . Hope they don't get it. It's an old man . My buddies grand dad

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Could not agree with you more GA.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Is anyone on here from the Commonwealth Road area, or Bottom Woodlake/ Lodge Road area that can advise regarding help needed?

Has the water risen since last evening?
Are there urgent bagging efforts going on that could really use some immediate aid?

Return to “Flooding 2017”