A plea to boaters...

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: A plea to boaters...

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:No no enjoy the lake . Really do go out and enjoy . The people have suffered enough . Constant state of emergency. It's getting ridiculous
No it's not getting ridiculous. There are still those suffering....
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:No no enjoy the lake . Really do go out and enjoy . The people have suffered enough . Constant state of emergency. It's getting ridiculous
No it's not getting ridiculous. There are still those suffering....

I live close to Hobson. I see those suffering . Go enjoy the lake people .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

Queen K wrote:Am I the only one to think this is an awful headline? Why get on lakes at all if water bombers are using it to gather up water for fire fighting? Just keep OFF the damned lake.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#202490

I admit I thought the same when first reading it. Then I realized I have been "citified" if such a word exists.

But I grew up in the Cariboo and well know that a headline like that would be taken seriously. With a warning like that up north, neighbours will look after neighbours. They will still have the opportunity to resume (almost) normal life by going out in their boats but will respect the space for firefighting efforts.

Cooperation is a staple of life in the Cariboo.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Meanwhile, the job is far from over and some residences are not yet liveable due to flood damage.

While Brassard and her husband fought hard to keep the water from invading the inside of their house, the dock and defensive walls by the lake are gone.

“We've got a pile driver in right now to replace the front water walls.”

Such was the damage that Brassard is still asking boaters to stay away from that northwest section of the lake.

“We can still flood. Boaters should stay across the lake and not fly past our houses.”

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#203307
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Flooding 2017”