Tax Rebate for Lakefront property occupiers??

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Tax Rebate for Lakefront property occupiers??

Post by GordonH »

WalterWhite wrote:Not seeing any higher numbers - where did you see higher numbers in that report. All the numbers I saw referenced to flooding in the early 1900's show it to be almost a full meter below the current flood level we're experiencing. Very interesting info btw - you should also post it in this thread as it's more relevant:
https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=72990

Current flood highest point has it at 343.251
Within seconds of looking at link I provided, found 343.72 level.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Thanks for the directions - I see it now. Highest recorded naturallake level - yes, in 1904. The use of the word "determined" leaves me slightly suspect to exactly how that level was measured.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

WalterWhite wrote:On second thought - don't waste your time Adder. Your opinion has absolutely zero merit with me. So, save yourself the time and effort of any further direct replies as I've decided to do the same.

That's excellent Walt.
Can I keep the towel?
I'll add it to my "whites" collection.
:up:

Cheers Walt.
It's been a slice.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Funny how some just can't accept when they are clearly wrong.
Even if you show the data to back up the facts, questions around the methods used or the accuracy of data from that time become the leaning post for the weary.
No thought or consideration given to how this valley was even formed.
No thought or consideration to why certain areas were "seasonal" to those who have lived WITH this environment for thousands of years.
The offspring of a group of pariahs that didn't know enough to eat some citrus on the long boat ride.
Didn't know how to keep sheltered or warm in the cold.
Didn't know how to hunt, trap or process their food for days ahead.
Didn't know what could be eaten from nature and what couldn't.
The ignorance lives on now even after hundreds of years.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that this valley has flooded much worse than we're seeing now, but because the data is questioned by narrow brows, it's dismissed. Back to the thought of absurdity, thinking this is the worst it's ever been.

Still blows my mind that people can get so far along in life on so very little.

Back to the topic, I still stand by my thoughts on a tax rebate.
That should be considered a joke, and nothing more. Unfortunately, it's the way many people in our "community" really do think.

<face palming so hard it hurts>

Return to “Flooding 2017”