Kaleden Fire

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Kaleden Fire

Post by Fancy »

pentona wrote:I wasn't there; no were most of you armchair experts. Leave it to those with experience in the field.
Pretty much what I'm doing - when officials say "human caused" I tend to believe them.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

pentona wrote:The power line sector is at fault for nearly half of all industry-caused large wildfires. Wind is routinely the co-conspirator, felling trees that snap active cables. I suppose you could say (but I wouldn't) that a fire caused by a powerline down was human caused because a human put the line up? Nope, not buying it til a definite cause is stated.

Since the fire appears to have started in an orchard with trees, and being close to the roadway, its quite possible that a branch (remember, it was very windy that day) could have broken off and fell onto the lines. I wasn't there; no were most of you armchair experts. Leave it to those with experience in the field.

The fire didnt start near any power lines. Dry grass and trees, but not near any power lines even if an entire tree fell over.

ETA: and the "orchard" was long dead by about 20 years.
SunnyPenticton

Post by SunnyPenticton »

So the fire was caused by some no mind burning garbage which is band at this time of year. Seems like this peraon cares less about others homes and lives and should do severe jail time even if his own home burned. This is destruction of private property and should be attempted murder charges. :-X
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

SunnyPenticton wrote:So the fire was caused by some no mind burning garbage which is band at this time of year. Seems like this peraon cares less about others homes and lives and should do severe jail time even if his own home burned. This is destruction of private property and should be attempted murder charges. :-X

I've heard that mentioned a few times but nothing official. What property was the burning barrel on?

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”