Ashcroft (Elephant Hill)

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: Ashcroft (Elephant Hill)

Post by tsayta »

That whole damn valley is 3 foot tall grassoline after our wet spring
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im not sure about savana the community but on tnrd site it lists roads or areas with word savana in them .
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

It isn't . My in-laws live there. The alert stops at kamloops lake for now
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Estimated at 110,236 hectares.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My brother sent me a message last night. He was driving through the Hanceville fire for an hour and was still in the middle of the fire! The only road out was through the fire. Thankfully, it was not the intense part of the fire.

As for Elephant Hill, Savona is safe. There are really no trees in the area, so stopping the fire at the river would be a cinch.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Glacier wrote:My brother sent me a message last night. He was driving through the Hanceville fire for an hour and was still in the middle of the fire! The only road out was through the fire. Thankfully, it was not the intense part of the fire.

As for Elephant Hill, Savona is safe. There are really no trees in the area, so stopping the fire at the river would be a cinch.

No trees, but three foot tall dead grass. No trees around Boston flats and Ashcroft either and look how that turned out. Good to be optimistic, but we need to be realistic as well.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Interesting listening to the scanner on this fire. Lots of radio chatter in Spanish... I assume from our friends from Mexico that are helping
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here are some pictures from Hat Creek from last night...

hatcreek.jpg
hatcreek2.jpg
hatcreek3.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: oh God I hope they save the historic site.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: oh God I hope they save the historic site.

That's at a place near the ranch, but not the ranch itself. The fire has not crossed highway 99.
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Who took the photos?
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

tsayta wrote:Who took the photos?

Friend of a friend who lives there.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fire seems to be growing by about 10,000 hectares for every page this thread goes (at least since page4 or 5). It's currently at 117,000 hectares.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fire has not crossed highway 99 yet, but damn, it's close...

hatcreek.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Oh crapola! It looks like the fire has started up again on the west side of Cache Creek where it hasn't been burning for over 10 days.

HUH - Copy.jpg
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”