Ashcroft (Elephant Hill)

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Ashcroft (Elephant Hill)

Post by Glacier »

The Cariboo fires are getting hit with rain (currently only 17C in Williams Lake), so no fire growth up there today, but the Elephant Hill fire has some activity today. It's now only 4 km from the shores of Green Lake.

radar.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's raining for the 4th day in a row in the Cariboo, so the fires up there are pretty much dormant right now. The same cannot be said for Elephant Hill which has roared back to life today. Lots of activity south of Green Lake.

currentelephanthill.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lots of rain today north of the Okanagan valley. Ashcroft is currently only 21C, and Clinton is only 9C at 2 pm this afternoon, making it the coldest place in all of BC at the moment. The fire is getting absolutely dumped on right now.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fire has gone complete ape s*** last night. It moved 8 km... past Green Lake and within 5 km of highway 24.

- Douglas Murray
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

When will this thing die!!!! It is burning some of the most beautiful country right now. Hold on Watch lake people.
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Just one of the many things I read today,TNRD is commenting on homes lost around Pressy Lake.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3878675305

I know it's hundreds, but has anyone read a recent, comprehensive article on how many homes have been lost this summer?
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Evacuation order now up to the South shore of Sheridan Lake. Evacuation alert extends North of Hwy 24. A picture taken tonight from Sheridan Lake at Loon Bay Resort dock.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

This fire has now moved 95 Kms from where it started. That is almost the distance in a straight line from Kelowna to Kamloops.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

trapp wrote:This fire has now moved 95 Kms from where it started. That is almost the distance in a straight line from Kelowna to Kamloops.

Unprecedented?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Certainly the largest fire I have seen in over 50 years in wildfire control and fire prevention.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

tsayta wrote:
trapp wrote:This fire has now moved 95 Kms from where it started. That is almost the distance in a straight line from Kelowna to Kamloops.

Unprecedented?

In 1950 the largest fire in North American history started around Fort St John, and ended up 200km away somewhere in northern Alberta. Of course, back then they didn't suppress the fire. Who knows how far Elephant Hill would have gotten without any suppression.

- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

186,800 hectares.

Officials are worried that it's going to cross highway 24, and end up extending north of Deka lake and east of Eagan Lake.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

More evacuations tonight... all the way up to the shores of Horse Lake. http://www.100milefreepress.net/news/ne ... ighway-24/
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Hey Zeus h Christmas. When will this end
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”