Kleena Kleene

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Kleena Kleene

Post by Glacier »

Sprinklers are on full blast. The monster cometh.

H-R-Fire.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

That is terrifying. Fire really is like a monster.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier has your friend's house escaped the Fire Monster? Have you heard anything? :200:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:Glacier has your friend's house escaped the Fire Monster? Have you heard anything? :200:

Yup, except their range land south of the highway where they pasture their cows. Slow growth on the fire today because the wind has died down.

Also, at least they have their fields to protect them. Here's one from their place...

kk1.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Well the rain and humidity and cooler temperatures and calm winds stopped the fire from destroying anyone's home yet. But WATCH THIS from the weekend: https://www.facebook.com/wahnese/posts/ ... 6139606222

Here's a good blog post too: https://www.wildernessdweller.ca/2017/0 ... aftermath/
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Rain has stopped the fire so the evacuation orders have been downgraded to alerts.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Starting to dry out again. Fire is back up and running on the northwest side.

kkfire1.jpg

kkfire2.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Picture from last night...

kk5.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The fire is now 35,745 hectares. That's 10,000 more than the 2003 Okanagan Mountain Park fire.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This is the only fire activity dot I can find in the entire province today (clearly the fire boundary needs to be remapped). The end cometh. Oh, and this fire got snowed on today, I suspect that the afternoon update will not show this dot.

FIREACTIVITY2.jpg

Edit: Nope, found one dot on Elephant Hill...

elephanthill2.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Only fire activity in the province I can find...

activefire.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Glacier, maybe I missed it in my quick look through, but wonder if your friend's place was untouched by the fires (hopefully, as it looks so lovely)?
:up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Catsumi wrote:Glacier, maybe I missed it in my quick look through, but wonder if your friend's place was untouched by the fires (hopefully, as it looks so lovely)?
:up:
His house if fine, but some structures might have been lost at Big Stick Lake (lake in the northeast of the fire), though I think the cabin was uninhabited. There's no longer anyone living down the Kleena Kleene downriver from Big Stick Lake. The Nature Conservancy went in the bought all the private land in the valley (all 10 properties or so) so now it's just uninhabited wilderness.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”