Kleena Kleene

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Kleena Kleene

Post by Glacier »

The fires have been pretty quiet this week. Not much smoke and no growth. Here's a friend of mine fighting the fire with his helicopter.

kkfire3.jpg

kkfire.jpg

kkfire2.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Now there is a rare machine. Only a few of those made (96) and don't believe many are still flying...214 ST
Helicopter Transports Helicopter?
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Yes.

Anyway, the fire is starting to flare up again even though humidity is not as low as previous weeks.

Interesting read totally unrelated to the fire, but is about the river valley where this fire is located: Paddling One of the Most Hazardous, Remote Rivers in the World
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The evacuation order has just been put back in place. The fire has woken back up. Ash falling on the community again.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

False alarm. People got automated calls that they are to be evacuated, but it was a glitch. The fire is not threatening any homes at the moment.
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Glacier wrote:False alarm. People got automated calls that they are to be evacuated, but it was a glitch. The fire is not threatening any homes at the moment.

Now THAT is a messed up glitch. Shameful
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Okay, now the Regional District is saying there is a new evacuation order! I guess the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing!

EDIT: And now Anahim Lake and Nimpo are on evacuation alert... http://www.cariboord.ca/uploads/Emergen ... 4_1600.pdf

The red area is Kleena Kleene.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Very smokey, but haying still has to be done. At least it's not getting rained on.

haykk.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A picture from today. Fighting the fire at 6,000 ft elevation...

firekk.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Wind driving this?
WW
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yea i guess wind picked up out there . better get everyone out . i think only firefightres and such should be only one let back in till fall . its stsrting get kinda silly to keep evacuating same people .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

tsayta wrote:Wind driving this?

Yes. The smokiest day of the year. Lots of ash. They were bombing the hell out of the Colwell Lake fire.

I took this picture of the fire last week when the air was clearer.

- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Glacier wrote:
tsayta wrote:Wind driving this?

Yes. The smokiest day of the year. Lots of ash. They were bombing the hell out of the Colwell Lake fire.

I took this picture of the fire last week when the air was clearer.

Brilliant photography
WW

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”