We don't seem to get it!

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: We don't seem to get it!

Post by lesliepaul »

hupur wrote:I didn't want this to turn into a rant against smokers.Smokers smoke,idiots start fire whether its from a camp fire,cigarette,careless use of fuel,etc.All i'm suggesting is get rid of the dry grass and dead trees and the liklihood of a wildfire is greatly reduced.We just went through a flood and I'm sure we'll be proactive about that next year,but not so certain about it in 5 years.

Understood your topic but of course like so many on these forums others see an opportunity to shift it to their agenda. Its more than obvious that many here hate smokers, ALL smokers and there is no end to them showing it for whatever number of reasons. One day I will list everything that I cannot stand and most of it is fueled by the stupid comments from people that want the governments to control MORE of their lives..............see hupur.........just like that I went off topic........sorry.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You're right, it veered left.

There are dozens of spots all over Kelowna alone that were allowed to dry out when the lake was well above full pool. No excuses to let them turn into danger zones when they could have been maintained as "green" and much more difficult to burn.

I do not hate all smokers. My own parents were/are both smokers, rip dad. Sorry the lung cancer caught up to you. Mom, sorry the COPD has caught you now, I guess it was all that farm dust and not smoking for 40 years.

ETA: Sorry if that offends anyone.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

hupur wrote:I didn't want this to turn into a rant against smokers.Smokers smoke,idiots start fire whether its from a camp fire,cigarette,careless use of fuel,etc.All i'm suggesting is get rid of the dry grass and dead trees and the liklihood of a wildfire is greatly reduced.We just went through a flood and I'm sure we'll be proactive about that next year,but not so certain about it in 5 years.

Which is why we ban campfires at certain times. No one claims it is a hate war against campers, it's just a necessary restriction in order to reduce the number of fires. But for some reason smokers can walk around with a lit fire source, and suddenly it's just not fair if we restrict them from doing this.
During the 2003 fire season, I had workers on my property who gave me quite a nasty look when I told them not to discard their butts in the crunchy dead, dry grass, and at least go out on the paved road to smoke. Some smokers have a real attitude of entitelment. Other workers lit a little bonfire also on the property, right next to a huge pile of dead brush, never even bothered to ask me if I minded putting my whole neighborhood at risk for going up in smoke in a heart beat. There have to be regualtions because some people just aren't going to use their heads, and don't seem to care that property owners don't want to set their place on fire.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”