GLacier NationAl Park fire?

binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

GLacier NationAl Park fire?

Post by binky11 »

There was a 20 second blurp on our local news tonight (Saturday) about a wildfire near Golden at Glacier National Park which looked quite major from the videos, said it was impacting visibility on the trans Canada highway, and yet I cannot find any news of this fire anywhere?
goalie
Übergod

Re: GLacier NationAl Park fire?

Post by goalie »

You sure it was Golden ? http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/p ... as/135.jpg
doesn't look like any fires
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nope showing up on the fire maps.

Can anyone bring that over here? Tsayta?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

The fire wasn't in Golden, but outside of Golden in Glacier National Park. They showed some awesome videos of it on the news, it was no small fire. But as you say, there doesn't seem to be anymore info on this fire "anywhere" Just seems weird to me.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I just hope it's not at Loop Brook trail and campsite. British Columbia's true wilderness archeological wonder areas. And it's hidden in plain sight right off the highway. The Stone Henge of our time, only we know exactly how it was done.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

binky11 wrote:The fire wasn't in Golden, but outside of Golden in Glacier National Park. They showed some awesome videos of it on the news, it was no small fire. But as you say, there doesn't seem to be anymore info on this fire "anywhere" Just seems weird to me.

http://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/interactiv ... &year=2017

Since it is not a threat to a community, I suspect minimum resources are being used
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”