Fire on Knox mountain

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Fire on Knox mountain

Post by Fancy »

These types of parks have multiple trails accessing the area and people will not be inclined to register at a certain point when they just want to take their pooch for a walk. There's already people walking their dogs in closed areas and there isn't the enforcement.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Treblehook wrote:My point was that under extreme fire risk circumstances, people using these parks should be required to complete a registration card when they are entering the park. That was the authorities would have access to a list of potential witnesses who could help with investigations. Patrols in the park could ask for their forms, so anyone who decided to enter and not log their visit would be at risk of being checked and fined. It wouldn't be expensive and most people who use these parks would likely be more than willing to cooperate. Having a daily record of people using the parks could not hurt.

Problem is the arsonist is unlikely to register using his real name. Imagine authorities try to track down I. B. Fyry
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Treblehook wrote:My point was that under extreme fire risk circumstances, people using these parks should be required to complete a registration card when they are entering the park. That was the authorities would have access to a list of potential witnesses who could help with investigations. Patrols in the park could ask for their forms, so anyone who decided to enter and not log their visit would be at risk of being checked and fined. It wouldn't be expensive and most people who use these parks would likely be more than willing to cooperate. Having a daily record of people using the parks could not hurt.

A few discreetly placed spycams would probably accomplish more, and they aren't that expensive anymore these days.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

will be interesting when the fireworks reignite this

or everyone who hikes up after dark to get high and watch the fire works

I predict she burns again this weekend unfortunately
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

gman313 wrote:will be interesting when the fireworks reignite this

or everyone who hikes up after dark to get high and watch the fire works

I predict she burns again this weekend unfortunately

Bold prediction
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Well we have partially closed the backcountry but an urban wild park remains open. In previous years people go up by the hundreds to watch.

A few of them will be puffing and i'm sure drinking and puffing

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”