Off Road Vehicle Restrictions Including Okanagan

skydawg
Lord of the Board

Re: Off Road Vehicle Restrictions Including Okanagan

Post by skydawg »

sulchie wrote:It wont be long now till we can go out again, more rain coming and i have really bad PMS (parked motorbike syndrome).

yes, sure hope so
sherriff

Post by sherriff »

Once the ban is on I do think it will stay on for much longer than needed. Would be nice if forestry would let us know what conditions they are waiting for to allow atvers back into the bush. Have not heard of any logging operations being banned. Has anyone heard of any industry related bans?
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Industrial operations follow strict rules in accordance to the fire danger rating in the area:

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/indus ... activities
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

State of emergency lifted, but not the off road ban
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

tsayta wrote:State of emergency lifted, but not the off road ban

They just have to keep one more weekend from us, then they'll probably lift the ban at the last second with no notice.
Time4t

Post by Time4t »

The continued ATV restrictions make me wonder if another "anti" agenda is being applied here as well. Dust off your hiking boots and have a great day. This too will pass.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yeah! Time to EXERCISE in an upright, bipedal position! hiking boots ....how novel
:130: [/b][/b]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Accessing backroads by ATV's is different from hiking - both are done by hunters and those just enjoying the outdoors. Love accessing areas not available to trucks but there's no way I can hike in and out the same areas so ATV'ing to these spots are awesome - then I can hike.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Time4t wrote:Dust off your hiking boots and have a great day.

You have to dust them off when you get back, too - it's like hiking in flour on many of the trails out there, it's so damned dry! I enjoyed the hike today, it was perfect hiking weather. A flask of Laphroaig in my back pocket didn't hurt, either. :up:
Your bias suits you.
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

Apparently the Bear Creek dirtbike track, which is on crown land, is going to be open today. Is the ban off and they forgot to tell everyone?

https://m.facebook.com/KelownaDirtbikeClub/
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

sulchie wrote:Apparently the Bear Creek dirtbike track, which is on crown land, is going to be open today. Is the ban off and they forgot to tell everyone?

BC wildfire services still shows ban...

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScri ... sp?ID=2834
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Time4t

Post by Time4t »

Interesting, reading the dirtbike club site suggested some form of exemption,not sure as I just took a quick peek. If so, then another double standard? Got my boots on this w/e; in my spots in the high country there was plenty of early morning moisture right through til noon.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Time4t wrote:Interesting, reading the dirtbike club site suggested some form of exemption,not sure as I just took a quick peek. If so, then another double standard? Got my boots on this w/e; in my spots in the high country there was plenty of early morning moisture right through til noon.

It is interesting. It's also too bad than many don't understand what you've just pointed out. This time of year, moisture doesn't just come from rainfall. Dew/mist in the higher elevations brings in a LOT of water. The temperature difference this time of year is also dramatic. When it dips as low as +10* overnight here at valley bottom, up in the mountains it's getting down to nearly freezing.

Castanet forecast shows rain for most of the week. Hopefully we can go hunting/riding next weekend.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

sulchie wrote:Apparently the Bear Creek dirtbike track, which is on crown land, is going to be open today. Is the ban off and they forgot to tell everyone?

If I recall correctly, the race track is on private land that used to be owned by the Tolko mill. The ORV trail area is on Crown Land.

I expect the restrictions to be off by next weekend, if we get that rain in the forecast. There was frost up where I was hunting yesterday.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

EC is calling for snow in the Kootenays.

Did you get anything?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”