Fire in Lake Country

rookie314
Übergod

Re: Fire in Lake Country

Post by rookie314 »

I have seen fires caused by bottles, bullets and birds electrocuted in power lines. Easy to blame when you don't even know what's going on.
sherriff

Post by sherriff »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 12th, 2017, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
sherriff

Post by sherriff »

sherriff wrote:Off topic

Sorry no harm intended but was off topic
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Of course all of the anti-smokers pipe up with their 1st hand knowledge of the brand of cigarette that started this fire and follow that up with their same old punishment opinions. Again, no determination from the real experts but nobody can wait.

I am pretty sure that if a person was involved with this fire starting that they HAD TO BE DRINKING or already drunk............damn alcohol! They should get a life sentence!
gypsy68

Post by gypsy68 »

I live directly above the fire in Lake Country, it started in a shed behind someone's house, yes we were evacuated and yes we are home now. The woman screaming was my neighbour, a friend who was visiting went down and made sure that fire never crossed Newene Rd, he saved our properties and for that many of us are very grateful. My neighbour, the screaming lady was terrified he would get caught in the fire jumping the road. I noticed many different reactions to emergency responders and I wasn't impressed, they have a job to do, usually with good reason, pretty sad when they are met with disrespect from people who they are trying to protect, right down to their pets. Should have saved the cat and let the man's house burn. Always remember once evacuated, you don't get to go back in! Not for nothing.
calonabc

Post by calonabc »

well glad to hear woman screaming is ok, person filming with her cell phone and hearing lady screaming our for help should of stopped video and call 911, this might of been a person in wheelchair, or elderly lady. glad it was nothing worse
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

daria wrote:
Well, considering there hasn't been any lightning.... so either an ARSONIST or nicotine,addicted idiot are my educated guesses.

So , the fire chief said something to the effect of..........
"The fire is human caused, but it's not somebody out in the public. It's to do with one of the properties, he said"

Strange wording in my opinion. My first hypothetical thought was .... grow op ? I then began to wonder how you would respond if I was to say the fire was caused by a MJ addicted waste case.
gypsy68

Post by gypsy68 »

I got a pretty good idea as unbelievable as it is, I think I'm just gonna sit back and see how long it takes for the authorities to solve this one and see if I'm right, if it's the shed belonging to the house on the highway... well I'll leave it at that...
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

gypsy68 wrote:I got a pretty good idea as unbelievable as it is, I think I'm just gonna sit back and see how long it takes for the authorities to solve this one and see if I'm right, if it's the shed belonging to the house on the highway... well I'll leave it at that...

ok....I'm curious.... were you right?
gypsy68

Post by gypsy68 »

Unsure, not enough info to know if I'm right, the fire was an accident, just fortunate that the damage was kept to a minimum and unfortunate for those that did suffer losses, still thinking it's due to a lack of housing and homeless people camping out in whatever wooded areas they can, as central as they can.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”