Hwy 33 wildfire

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Hwy 33 wildfire

Post by GordonH »

Anyone with dash cam traveling on hwy 33 before this fire even broke out, check the hard drive. You may captured butt thrower.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Apparently, a Good Samaritan stopped on the Hwy and used his fire extinguisher to try to control the fire

before Fire Crews arrived.

Now ain't that sumpin'?

Reminds me of how many good people we have in this community.

If you are reading this, Sir...I thank you, and I know a lot of folks, including myself who would

like to shake your hand and offer you a beverage of your choice in deeply appreciated thanks!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

gman313 wrote:brakes and cigarettes were both very plausible possibilities in this case.

Brakes not so much
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Barney Google wrote:Photos posted to social media before the fire was under control

Blk Mnt Fire 2.jpg

Blk Mnt fire 1.jpg

Blk Mnt fire 3.jpg

These photos should be submitted for distracted driving
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

skydawg wrote:
Barney Google wrote:Photos posted to social media before the fire was under control

Blk Mnt Fire 2.jpg

Blk Mnt fire 1.jpg

Blk Mnt fire 3.jpg

Thumbs down on your comment skydawg
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We didn't know anything about the fire and tried to drive up that way around 2 pm when it was in the clean up stage. Traffic was stopped at both ends. We got a few long distant photos but decided to go to Kalamalka Lake instead.

But it sure looks more serious from those photos than ours.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

skydawg wrote:

Dawg, these photos were taken by folks waiting in line for the Hwy to open up and or pulled over.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Barney Google wrote:News reports are suggesting cigarette butt.

Who knows at this point...I'm just glad it's out.

Castanet reporter suggesting it was probably a cigarette.....that didn't come from fire officials.
Which means...it's nothing but speculation on the part of one person....much like every post on these forums suggesting pretty much every fire that starts was the fault of a smoker.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Farmmaa wrote:Castanet reporter suggesting it was probably a cigarette.....that didn't come from fire officials.
Which means...it's nothing but speculation on the part of one person....much like every post on these forums suggesting pretty much every fire that starts was the fault of a smoker.

I also didn't see anything from fire officials about the cause. The fact that the smoking theory is just that is a valid point worth making.

That said, I, and many others, don't suggest that every fire is started by smokers. I do suggest that almost all fires started on the side of the road likely are.

How many grass fires that start on the side of the road that are caused by cigarette tossers is enough before the cigarette tosser theory becomes a high probability? For me, we've long since achieved that point.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

skydawg wrote:
gman313 wrote:brakes and cigarettes were both very plausible possibilities in this case.

Brakes not so much

not a huge deal but there are plenty of times brakes have caught fire coming down that hill on trucks. And I remember a pepsi truck that cooked his brakes on the way down 97c and the truck burnt just before bridge hill around the WFN government office. Burnt pepsi all over the road. At least it wasn't coke. so yes it happens

:topic:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Since there is only 1 way fire happens naturally, lightning strike. Everything else is considered human caused, which one was involved here, that's anyone guess.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

GordonH wrote:Since there is only 1 way fire happens naturally, lightning strike. Everything else is considered human caused, which one was involved here, that's anyone guess.

Wind storms knock power lines down which can cause fires. Birds on power poles can get zapped, fall to the ground and cause a fire. Just as two examples. Sure, both have human structures involved, but without the help of the non human agent at play, the fire wouldn't have started.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ nature did not create the power lines. Again only truly natural way fire starts is a lightning strike
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

spontaneous combustion - usually in man made pile of stuff but it can happen naturally too

volcanoes can cause fires. As can molten rock near the surface.

and of course fire breathing dragons

many ways
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

We should just rename this sub-forum to "Fire Speculation". Every thread is the same crap.
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”