Time to commence stand down

Time4t

Time to commence stand down

Post by Time4t »

Why is the provincial government and forestry hanging on so tight to many of the restrictions and state of emergency declarations? Risk levels are dropping and even some of their own official sites say that things have calmed down. Even the media is becoming bored and disinterested....Could we please have our province back......
sulchie
Fledgling

Re: Time to commence stand down

Post by sulchie »

I have really bad PMS right now. (Parked motorbike syndrome)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Deal with it! You can go back when they say it's safe.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Be patient.
B.C. just experienced its worst fire season on record. Even though the fire risk has dropped province-wide and things are winding down, there's still lots of work that needs to be done to ensure public safety, particularly in the Cariboo.
Off road vehicles will probably be allowed pretty soon here in the kamloops fire centre though.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: time to commence stand down

Post by TylerM4 »

Bsuds wrote:Deal with it! You can go back when they say it's safe.

That's the OPs point. They're already saying it's safe - wildfire risk has been reduced to "high" or lower across the province. Yet bans remain.
jharmer

Post by jharmer »

because time and time again people demonstrate how stupid they are

how many "person caused" fires does a province need? zero. BC needs zero person caused fires.

how many did we get this summer (and counting)? 258, or 50% of all reported widlfires in 2017

i support the ban
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

If only a ban on "stupidity" could be enforced.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

jharmer wrote:because time and time again people demonstrate how stupid they are

how many "person caused" fires does a province need? zero. BC needs zero person caused fires.

how many did we get this summer (and counting)? 258, or 50% of all reported widlfires in 2017

i support the ban

Reminds me of a 90's political advertisement.

"TylerM4 along with his cronies want to ride their ATVs again and start forest fires despite greatly reduced risk, changing weather, and no evidence of off road vehicles starting a single fire this year. jharmer doesn't own an ATV, his hobby is spending time on golf courses that use a crapload of water and dump excessive amounts of fertilizers and pesticides into the ecosystem. Vote for jharmer, he supports the ban."
Time4t

Post by Time4t »

My OP speaks primarily to the incongruence of the situation. It is unfortunate that some choose to feed on the flavour of the day, supporting blanket and continued restrictions, and biased media reports; when simple science as confirmed by the authorites themselves recognise that the situation is calming.

We need to hold our respected leadership accountable, especially in the tougher times when some of our rights and freedoms have been taken away under the premise of a state of emergency etc.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Time4t wrote:the situation is calming

Yes but is not safe yet. If a flood was at it's highest point and then dropped a foot or two it would be getting better or "calming". That doesn't mean the flood is over and neither is the fire risk as was just shown on Monday when a fire started near Naramata. Right near the KVR. If not for the fact that fire responders had easy and quick access the fire could have been devastating. That fire alone should be a sign that the back country is still NOT safe. It is still dry as a bone and there are currently very strong winds.
I feel no sympathy for the motorized back country community because they can't play with their toys. Too bad so sad.
Thankfully the leadership is doing the right thing. Keep it closed.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I agree that it is still bone dry out there. Why chance it? Haven't we had enough misery this year to do us for a lifetime?

Whatever did boys do with their time before the invention of these toys? :135:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Time4t wrote:My OP speaks primarily to the incongruence of the situation. It is unfortunate that some choose to feed on the flavour of the day, supporting blanket and continued restrictions, and biased media reports; when simple science as confirmed by the authorites themselves recognise that the situation is calming.

We need to hold our respected leadership accountable, especially in the tougher times when some of our rights and freedoms have been taken away under the premise of a state of emergency etc.

10/10
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 14th, 2017, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Time4t

Post by Time4t »

See news story 415PM this afternoon, "state of emergency ending". Be great to have some of our rights and civil liberties returned.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Time4t wrote:See news story 415PM this afternoon, "state of emergency ending". Be great to have some of our rights and civil liberties returned.

That is good news. Open the backcountry and close the fire discussions.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”