Fire North of Rattle Snake Island

ktowner
Fledgling

Re: Fire North of Rattle Snake Island

Post by ktowner »

The photos look like it is on the parcel of private land just north of Rattlesnake island. There is a structure on it and some docks. Can anyone confirm location?

I hope they let it burn itself out, shoulder seasons are ideal for removing the fuels on the forest floor, especially in the Park, although the majority of the deadfall and false forest floor is in the higher elevations.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

ktowner wrote:The photos look like it is on the parcel of private land just north of Rattlesnake island. There is a structure on it and some docks. Can anyone confirm location?

I hope they let it burn itself out, shoulder seasons are ideal for removing the fuels on the forest floor, especially in the Park, although the majority of the deadfall and false forest floor is in the higher elevations.

The fire is about half way between Rattle Snake Island and the parcel of privately owned land where they have that floating dock and patio built (Roughly a mile north of the Island). Seems fairly contained in a ravine with only a few hotspots emitting smoke. Think they made the right call letting it burn as well but I'd rather some idiot hadn't started it in the first place.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Was out there today and the structure Ktowner may have seen is an outhouse. A few hot spots are still smoking but pretty much out. A couple guys with a 24 could almost finish it off.

Half Way Bay Provincial Park is just on the other side of that ridge in the second picture.

Imagine they're keeping an eye on it because I doubt they want to loose the outhouse and picnic tables.
20171005_142442.jpeg

20171005_141116.jpeg
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Also noticed another fire started behind antler beach. Never seems to stop.

20171005_144153.jpeg

Called it in just in case but had already been reported.

Return to “Fire Watch 2017”