Lightroom: "The folder can not be found" message.

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Lightroom: "The folder can not be found" message.

Post by Queen K »

I seriously have five days of photos I can't access right now because LR is telling me, "the folder can not be found."

I've googled the phrase and see why it might be happening by no fixes.

How does one get one's photos back from LR?

All I want is how to fix it.
Last edited by Queen K on Apr 3rd, 2016, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Lightroom: "The folder can not be found" message.

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

This happens to me every damn time Windows changes my external HD from 'F' to 'G'. Find the folder in Windows explorer so you know the path, and either re-establish its association, or import it again.

Have you backed up your library recently? I'm sure glad I did, my laptop bit the big one, but I only lost edits on about 20 images.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh yes, we back up.

Mr. QK fixed it in a few minutes.

So annoying. I hope all this helps others. I have no retention of technical information, none, nada. I don't know why.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote: I have no retention of technical information, none, nada. I don't know why.

MrsS is the same way. It doesn't seem to matter how many times she is shown or told how do do something with her computer there is just no "light on" in the Lightroom! lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I know and it gets me down. I couldn't even operate our friends Iphone consistently without recurrent mocking. "I showed you yesterday" kind of thing.

Kinda worried here. I promised we'd get Samsung Galaxy phones for this year, still haven't done it. I'm afraid I'd forget how to turn the thing on.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

Queen K wrote:I promised we'd get Samsung Galaxy phones for this year,

Stay away from the 6S Edge (the one with the screen that curves at the side), there are massive issues with stability and reception. Acquaintance of mine works in one of those kiosks, the S6 Edge (all varieties) are one of the most warranty-returned phones out there. Get the plain S6 and it will be far more reliable, just not quite as bling.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thanks for the tip Rek.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

Normally I wouldn’t even recommend the Android platform due to its massive lack of basic security (Google can even remote unlock and access almost anything on your phone… which means with enough effort anyone else can do so as well. Apple iOS and BlackBerry 10 OS are both locked down at the handset level due to hardware security that cannot be remotely circumvented), but to each their own. The S6 Edge has got clear hardware issues that the S6 doesn’t have, so I didn’t want you to step into *that* particular minefield unprotected.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
Agnes22

Post by Agnes22 »

As it works now, Left Clicking on the (?) for the image brings up a standard Windows API dialog with a reference to the previous known location. Clicking on {Locate} opens another standard Windows API dialog in the Last available folder in the last known location path. If instead LR dumped you into Windows Explorer (or more correctly in the Applet called Search Indexer) , you would not be able to update the LR location since you would no longer be in LR but in another application I think the inability to pass location back to LR is a limitation of the Windows application not LR. Im using Lightroom on my win os, but on mac im using gimp and macphun (lightroom doesnt suit me on mac os)

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”