Certain Company Installing Fibre Optic

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
neroas
Fledgling

Certain Company Installing Fibre Optic

Post by neroas »

Ok, this is just nuts, If you are thinking of having fibre optic run in Kelowna just remember some companies outsource their work to shoddy contractors. Running conduits for no reason because they use their competitors conduits, tells you will look like they were never here, what a joke. Cracked sidewalk, gravel for soil. Just shoddy, idiots also blocked the water spout with the box, had to get em to move it. The amount of money wasted on this crap for nothing must be astounding.

Beauty is they don't care, it's the contractors and well, the contractors even care less.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Certain Comppany Installing Fibre Optic

Post by dirtybiker »

Saw a pick-up and trailer with the Official Telus Fibre Optic Contractor decals
all over it.
Beat up POS.

Saskatchewan plates
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

kind of like how this company has it's call centers overseas (India) where you can't understand a word the rep is saying ...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

westside105 wrote:kind of like how this company has it's call centers overseas (India) where you can't understand a word the rep is saying ...

That is not restricted to just Telus and can be annoying. I have talked to their reps in the Phillipines as well who are better.
I'm curious to see how they would do ours considering it's all covered by cement driveways. (I could use some crack repair. lol)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

they did a great job at my place spent an entire day here they also get paid per job not by the hour if it takes an hour they're doin good all day equals bad the guys told me it balances out there was a whole lot of extra work here three guys all day
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Don't know if it is the same company that was trenching along the edge of the road and across the road in this area but they did as well as could be expected here. I questioned what they were doing and the boss man gave me a phone number to call if I had any problems. They had to put a temporary cap on the trenches because the asphalt company was not "fired up" until about a week after the many trenches had been refilled and capped with a temporary cap.

The temporary pea gravel cap was put in too dry and crumbled away in many places before the asphalt was available, making numerous potholes in the road. I phoned and the boss man personally came over and looked at it. They fixed it on an almost daily basis until asphalt became available and a permanent cap was installed.

Good co-operation from the boss and workers once the "pothole and loose gravel on the road" problem was identified to them.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

They run all that fibre and still offer half the speeds of Shaw... Who do they think we are?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Ran across a crew two weeks back at a job site and the twits trenched right through the customers irrigation lines, then while repairing the damage to that, one of them noted that conduit had already been run to the home, when the place was built.

You'd kind of think that would be the first thing a crew would look for, and it's not as if the box was hidden or anything.

Struck me as incompetence of the highest order.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Ran across a crew two weeks back at a job site and the twits trenched right through the customers irrigation lines, then while repairing the damage to that, one of them noted that conduit had already been run to the home, when the place was built.

You'd kind of think that would be the first thing a crew would look for, and it's not as if the box was hidden or anything.

Struck me as incompetence of the highest order.

Well digging holes and pulling their wire all day doesn't strike me as requiring a genius.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
neroas
Fledgling

Post by neroas »

Bsuds wrote:Well digging holes and pulling their wire all day doesn't strike me as requiring a genius.

It appears they have found folks with an IQ lower than 2.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

neroas wrote:It appears they have found folks with an IQ lower than 2.

Some days I'd swear there are those who manage to dip into the negative IQ realm. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”