Hatred of cell phones taken too far

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Hatred of cell phones taken too far

Post by grumpydigger »

This judge said he http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=27658was just stressed out.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

Don't they allow Judges to have Tasers? :123:
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

I find his actions to be laudable.

A courtroom is no place for a cellphone, and if the a$$h0le who left it on couldn’t own up to it (and if no-one was willing to finger who did it), then I would find the Judge’s actions to be appropriate. Leaving a cell phone on in a courtroom (and worse - to allow it to be loud enough to be heard) is very disrespectful. Had I been that judge, I might have not been as trigger-happy, but I would have done the same thing with enough provocation (like, hearing a cell phone more than once, especially after a direct verbal warning to the courtroom as a whole).
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Post by Struts 'N' Stuff Auto »

rekabis wrote:I find his actions to be laudable.

A courtroom is no place for a cellphone, and if the a$$h0le who left it on couldn’t own up to it (and if no-one was willing to finger who did it), then I would find the Judge’s actions to be appropriate. Leaving a cell phone on in a courtroom (and worse - to allow it to be loud enough to be heard) is very disrespectful.

I completely agree, as well, he should have had a Taser, and they would have answered really fast.

Cellphone Noise in the Courtroom is one of the biggest No-No's ever!
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:

A courtroom is no place for a cellphone, and if the a$$h0le who left it on couldn’t own up to it (and if no-one was willing to finger who did it), then I would find the Judge’s actions to be appropriate. Leaving a cell phone on in a courtroom (and worse - to allow it to be loud enough to be heard) is very disrespectful.

I completely agree, as well, he should have had a Taser, and they would have answered really fast.

That's your solution to everything, isn't it? Someone does something you don't like, just Taser them!
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Cool2bme
Fledgling

Post by Cool2bme »

A courtroom is no place for a cellphone, and if the a$$h0le who left it on couldn’t own up to it (and if no-one was willing to finger who did it), then I would find the Judge’s actions to be appropriate. Leaving a cell phone on in a courtroom (and worse - to allow it to be loud enough to be heard) is very disrespectful. Had I been that judge, I might have not been as trigger-happy, but I would have done the same thing with enough provocation (like, hearing a cell phone more than once, especially after a direct verbal warning to the courtroom as a whole).

Well thats ridiculous. Can't find the guilty party? Throw em ALL in the clink! Thats the stupidest thing I have heard all day.
unfazed
Übergod

Post by unfazed »

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:

Well, apparently the powers-that-be don't agree, as this judge has been removed from the Bench.
pat1167
Fledgling

Post by pat1167 »

Too bad priests and pastors can't put them in jail or at least make them stand in the corner.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
Galileo Galilei
___

Post by ___ »

The judge had no right to jail the innocent just because he was frustrated.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”