Printer cartridge refill

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Printer cartridge refill

Post by John500 »

Use a HP deskjet 930C printer. Purchased a new cartridge for it about 6 months ago. All was fine. Then ran out of ink. Had the cartridge refilled. Printed about 50 pages and printer stopped printing. Still lots of ink left. Printer is ok. HP website tells me its the cartridge. Had cartridge checked as far as checking it iwaspossible. Seems fine.
I have a suspicion that maybe there is a small chip in every cartridge that eventually will make the cartridge inoperative so you have to buy a new one. Am I correct in this?
Anybody can help me with my problem before I purchase a new cartridge?
And if I purchase a new one how do I know the internal cartridge clock is not already ticking..........
Thanks
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Thank you so much. Will give it a try and let you know.
Happy New Year.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Tried it an no go....darn...now what do I do.....guess I am a victim of planned obsolete computer ink cartridges... :-X
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Found this one. Try unplugging it overnight. It's suppose to reset it. Worth a try.

So remove the ink, Unplug it. Next day plug it back in and plunk the ink back in It's says at least 3 hours so you decide how long you leave it unplugged.

You would think it would almost dry up cause the ink has not been capped. Maybe stick them in a zip lock bag while you wait.

Now you know how the get over $8,000 dollars a liter for ink.

Buying a new printer with ink might be cheaper then getting them refilled.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

[quote="SpaceAddict"]Found this one. Try unplugging it overnight. It's suppose to reset it. Worth a try.

So remove the ink, Unplug it. Next day plug it back in and plunk the ink back in It's says at least 3 hours so you decide how long you leave it unplugged.

You would think it would almost dry up cause the ink has not been capped. Maybe stick them in a zip lock bag while you wait.

Now you know how the get over $8,000 dollars a liter for ink.

Buying a new printer with ink might be cheaper then getting them refilled.[/quote]

Some new printers now come with a starter cartridge that is not as much as a regular cartridge. so they don't last long.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Printer cartridge refill

Post by gardengirl »

John500 wrote:Use a HP deskjet 930C printer. Purchased a new cartridge for it about 6 months ago. All was fine. Then ran out of ink. Had the cartridge refilled. Printed about 50 pages and printer stopped printing. Still lots of ink left. Printer is ok. HP website tells me its the cartridge. Had cartridge checked as far as checking it iwaspossible. Seems fine.
I have a suspicion that maybe there is a small chip in every cartridge that eventually will make the cartridge inoperative so you have to buy a new one. Am I correct in this?
Anybody can help me with my problem before I purchase a new cartridge?
And if I purchase a new one how do I know the internal cartridge clock is not already ticking..........
Thanks

If you have not been using it, it could be dried out. Even though it is full of ink, the jets may be clogged. They design them this way. Sometimes, you can "rehydrate" them enough to get them working. It depends on the type of cartridge. If you mess around with some rubbing alcohol, and a toothpick or q-tip, you might be able to get it working.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Thanks again for all your input. The cartridge is not dried out. Did keep it in a plastic bag and had it checked at the refill place. So I will do the unplug 24 hrs suggestion. Again thank you all with your suggestions.
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Just overnight. Like I found on the web it said at least 3 hours should do it. I don't even know if it will work but it's worth a try.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”