Dell Sells XP Units

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
consumero

Dell Sells XP Units

Post by consumero »

Apparently, some manufacturers have had enough consumer pressure put on them about Vista to ink a deal with MS to allow them to sell some of their units with XP loaded. I haven't checked out others but Dell offers 3 desktops and 3 laptops with XP installed. I am not anti-Vista but, until I can find some really solid reasons to switch, I am happy that I can still get a new unit with XP.
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

This is actually really old news. It's about 8 months old already. There is at least two threads on should you should you not upgrade already.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

could you provide links to the other threads? i could move his comment to one of them and close this one.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ralphrob
Board Meister

Post by ralphrob »

I have never seen another thread and I read this section daily
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

There is two Vista threads 101 reasons to avoid it and What you like about it. Is this a good thing or a bad thing thing thread? There both right at the top of the list.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

and this is more a thread about avoiding it and having XP.
― Albert Einstein
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Then I guess you answered your own question. 101 reasons to avoid it.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

this is a thread to discuss the fact that Dell is using XP. not to argue. back on topic.
― Albert Einstein
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

I'm glad that Dell is wanting to stay with XP. I use it at least 80% of the time. Hopefully it keeps it going for a long time, it is a good OS.
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Ya I think it's a good thing too. Nobody should have the right to tell you to sell anything that is not up to your highest standards cause it could hurt your business name that you have so carefully cultivated over the years. I thought we talked about this on the downgrade option. What I called the upgrade. Good for Dell to stand up and be counted. Never bought Dell stuff but they sure saved me a lot of cash at other places that have price matching and there free shipping policy.
prestigecomputers
Fledgling

Post by prestigecomputers »

I build and sell computers and the majority of them have still been XP.

If you buy an HP computer running Vista you will notice that you can't download drivers for Windows XP from their website.

You have to contact HP tech support and tell them you are upgrading to Windows XP and don't wish to run Vista. Although they recommend Vista, they will provide the links to download the XP drivers.
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

" tell them you are upgrading to Windows XP "

A man who thinks like me. :123:

Price is Right Computers will be glad to build you one too. I don't think they even sell Vista yet.
___

Post by ___ »

prestigecomputers wrote:I build and sell computers and the majority of them have still been XP.

You have a lot of dead links on your site.

SpaceAddict wrote:A man who thinks like me... Price is Right Computers will be glad to build you one too. I don't think they even sell Vista yet.

I wonder if Price is Right Computers can enable the Aero theme on the Vista machine with integrated graphics that they are selling on their web site?
:124:
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Don't know haven't been there in a while. I just heard from a buddy of mine that he was not selling it. Maybe it's XP with Aero. I just looked at that site. I can't figure out what you are talking about. Are you sure it's the right site? I don't see vista or Aero there anywhere.

http://www.priceisrightcomputers.com/index.html
Last edited by SpaceAddict on Jan 17th, 2008, 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”