Ipod Help

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

OffRoad wrote: All the music on the iPod that wasn't purchased from iTunes was not available to play on the second computer.

There's got to be a way to transfer the music files outside of iTunes...

What happens if I place the folder on a network as a shared folder?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
OffRoad
Übergod

Post by OffRoad »

BigBadBootyDaddy wrote:There are a number of free and not free programs on the net to allow you to sync songs to two iPods with out losing the songs that are on them. Just do a google search, and it should turn up something. I have the 8GB Nano, and I love it, I watch video, listen to music and have put pictures on it

I've done the Google search but would like to hear what others are using and what works.

What do you use to convert video for your Nano? Have you converted DVDs?
warden
Übergod

Post by warden »

OffRoad wrote:
BigBadBootyDaddy wrote:There are a number of free and not free programs on the net to allow you to sync songs to two iPods with out losing the songs that are on them. Just do a google search, and it should turn up something. I have the 8GB Nano, and I love it, I watch video, listen to music and have put pictures on it

I've done the Google search but would like to hear what others are using and what works.

What do you use to convert video for your Nano? Have you converted DVDs?

I know you didn't ask me, but...

I use MPEG Streamclip to convert video for my iPod. It's a free download for Mac or PC at http://www.squared5.com. It's a relatively lightweight program and I'm pretty sure you can convert off of DVD with it, although I haven't tried it yet. It's simple to navigate and has lots of options and adjustments.

:smt023
OffRoad
Übergod

Post by OffRoad »

kccayenne wrote:
OffRoad wrote: All the music on the iPod that wasn't purchased from iTunes was not available to play on the second computer.

There's got to be a way to transfer the music files outside of iTunes...

What happens if I place the folder on a network as a shared folder?
You should be able to add to your iTunes library from a network share. You can also share your library with up to 5 computers on a network.
BigBadBootyDaddy
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by BigBadBootyDaddy »

to convert video I use Videora, its free and works well
You don't love her because she is beautiful, she is beautiful, because you love her

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”