Having a "loser moment "...again.

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Re: Having a "loser moment "...again.

Post by SpaceAddict »

Give it time, I have faith it will break.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

SpaceAddict wrote:With the name on the link what would you expect to happen? Or maybe the page works different in IE? Can't say I ever tried it on IE. No big deal it's just the firefox download page. It asks you politely. Fix all your IE problems in one spot, or fight with IE for the rest of your life. Death by IE, sad way to go. There is no fixing it.

With the 'name' on the link 'latest IE patch' I would expect help trying to remedy whatever problem Crash is having with IE, not firefox.
It does say IE patch doesn't it?
Last edited by BriTer on Mar 9th, 2008, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

so. back on topic. this looks like a good link crash, have you tried it yet?

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Well it is obviously trying to load something that is should not be loading. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. :2305:
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

SpaceAddict wrote:With the name on the link what would you expect to happen? Or maybe the page works different in IE? Can't say I ever tried it on IE. No big deal it's just the firefox download page. It asks you politely. Fix all your IE problems in one spot, or fight with IE for the rest of your life. Death by IE, sad way to go. There is no fixing it.

Just explaining why a mod would delete it, it was a link that didn't point to what was stated. You asked why it was deleted, that would probably be why. As for IE, we'll just add that to the list of stuff you cannot get to work properly. :)
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Hey IE7 is Microsoft's number #2 reason to splurge on Vista. Who am I to argue with that.
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

SpaceAddict wrote:Hey IE7 is Microsoft's number #2 reason to splurge on Vista. Who am I to argue with that.

Why? It works fine on XP... Are you telling people to upgrade to Vista?! *deleted/Jo*
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

ferri wrote:so. back on topic. this looks like a good link crash, have you tried it yet?

I got home too late to check it out last night, but will take a look before work today. :)
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

Are you dense ?

I find it kind of ironic that the best that MS can think up for a feature for buying Vista with all it's minuses is IE7 in Number # 2 spot of all places. A free broken browser than works just as well on XP. If that is MS's number #2 spot I think the guys on the 101 pluses list are in for trouble. Now normally if it is not working and the solution is complex the easy way to fix it is just reinstall it. But hey we are talking MS here there is no uninstall.. Bonus... You want to fix it, install Firefox. Leave IE broken and alone. It fits right in with Broken Vista.Image
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

SpaceAddict wrote:I find it kind of ironic that the best that MS can think up for a feature for buying Vista with all it's minuses is IE7 in Number # 2 spot of all places. A free broken browser than works just as well on XP. If that is MS's number #2 spot I think the guys on the 101 pluses list are in for trouble. Now normally if it is not working and the solution is complex the easy way to fix it is just reinstall it. But hey we are talking MS here there is no uninstall.. Bonus... You want to fix it, install Firefox. Leave IE broken and alone. It fits right in with Broken Vista.Image

So, that confirms it, Kthx.
ami2much4u
Board Meister

Post by ami2much4u »

did you fix it?
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

ami2much4u wrote:did you fix it?

Not yet...still working through the site that MrBill posted...
___

Post by ___ »

My money would be on the phishing or popups, then addons(google toolbars are evil!)....that list was pretty extensive on the link site....a lot to have to try....
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Question for a computer illiterate person...thought I would put it here...

Why does my computer shut off every night?
And no...I don't turn it off :dyinglaughing:
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Maybe check your energy saver settings in system preferences (with a PC it might be called something different, but basically it is a control panel that allows you to set when/if your drive spins down).

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”