Save XP!!!!

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Save XP!!!!

Post by Symbonite »

I can see this happening...10 years down the road when Microsoft wants to update their software to a different OS everyone is gonna be like Save Vista. I dont want to change to the new one. Happened when Windows XP came out and people clung on to 98 all the time. Do not fear the change. it happens.

had 0 problems with Vista. Everything that I have works well with it. and Everything new that I buy works with it too.

Not that bad and not that hard to grasp.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Symbonite wrote:I can see this happening...10 years down the road when Microsoft wants to update their software to a different OS everyone is gonna be like Save Vista. I dont want to change to the new one. Happened when Windows XP came out and people clung on to 98 all the time. Do not fear the change. it happens.

had 0 problems with Vista. Everything that I have works well with it. and Everything new that I buy works with it too.

Not that bad and not that hard to grasp.

Convenient how you've managed to overlook the fact that never before has Microsoft managed to provide us a new operating system that requires twice the hardware to attain the same or lesser performance level.

In the past upgrades have been advisable though sometimes not mandatory but the end result was more efficient performance. Not so this go round.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
SelectUsername
Fledgling

Post by SelectUsername »

kelvin911 wrote:try http://www.ubuntu.com. i am sure you will toss xp away and vista or future windows

Love it! Sadly, my video card seems to be causing problems with it...the screen will blank as if it were going into sleep mode, then become completely unresponsive. I'm picking up a new nVidia in a few weeks and am hoping it will be more compatible with it. We shall see.

As for the Windows debate, I personally think XP is still a perfectly fine operating system and shouldn't be taken off the market just yet. *signs petition*
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dsldriver »

What i am trying to figure out is why everyone is so upset about this. There are still lots of online outlets that will be selling XP, and I am sure that it can be found in a box at many garage sales. All one really has to do is demand that you get the COA when you purchase it. That way, you are in legal posession of the software.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”