Make my pics smaller

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Puppycake
Board Meister

Make my pics smaller

Post by Puppycake »

Whenever I had pictures on my desktop, if I right clicked them and chose the "Send to" option and then Mail Recipent, I always got a little box that popped up and asked if I wanted to make my pictures smaller. Now, suddenly, I am no longer getting that little box. Does anyone know how I can get that option back?
Thanks!
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Make my pics smaller

Post by dsldriver »

I dont' know a fix for this, but you can google the following, "Powertoys for windows xp". There is an image resizing tool that is very easy to use. Simply right click on the photo, and select the size. It will create a copy of the file with the image in the smaller size that you request.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

okay puppycakes, found it. :)

right click on Internet Explorer icon on your desktop, Properties, Advanced, scroll down to Multimedia, check the box that says: Enable Automatic Image Resizing. that should do it. :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Puppycake
Board Meister

Post by Puppycake »

Thanks! But, it was already checked! :waaaaaaa: It worked till about 2 weeks ago and then suddenly, it was gone!
I guess I will have to give dsl's suggestion a try until I can figure out how to get it back!
Thanks again!

ferri wrote:okay puppycakes, found it. :)

right click on Internet Explorer icon on your desktop, Properties, Advanced, scroll down to Multimedia, check the box that says: Enable Automatic Image Resizing. that should do it. :)
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

ferri wrote:okay puppycakes, found it. :)

That only works for images viewed by the web browser; it has nothing to do when attaching images to e-mail.

The whole point of that option is that on the Internet, images are sometimes directly linked; they are not embedded in a web page. As such, if they are very large, it requires a lot of scrolling up and down and back and forth to see them. By having that option checked off, the entire image will be dynamically re-sized (zoomed, actually) so that it fits within the browser window. The image itself is not actually altered, it is just dynamically resampled only for display purposes. If you were to right-click and save the image to your hard drive, it would still be in its original, unaltered size.

That option is also only applicable if you view an image directly with your web browser (Firefox: right-click, select ‘view image’) and that image is larger than the browser window… images embedded in a web page will not be altered.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”